Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Groups » Novel Support Group 9/12 - 9/18

Author Topic: Novel Support Group 9/12 - 9/18
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Welcome to this week's Novel Support Group. Anyone can join. If you're new, tell us a bit about who you are and what project you are working on. Feel free to update the NSG Work in Progress thread with your current projects. Although we can report on any number of things, here is a list of suggestions (suggestions welcomed).

What were your goals last week and did you accomplish them?
Describe what you worked on.
Set goals for next week.
Did you learn something during this week?

Here is a list of things that you can do each week as we work on our novels (suggestions welcomed).

Writing on a novel
Characterization
World Building
Relevant research

=-=-=-=-=

As for me.

Last Week's Goals:

MAGE STORM: Think about submitting this to a small publisher. But I may want to rewrite it with a slightly older protagonist first.
Nothing yet. [Frown]

MAGIC AND POWER: Send out three more queries.
Yes. [Smile]

THE SHAMAN'S CURSE: Watch and see how sales go without help for this week.
More or less. I did finally get it taken down everywhere else so I could put it on Kindle Select. Since I've sold (I think) 4 everywhere else and over 3,000 on Amazon, it seemed like a good move. Now we'll see what effect Kindle Unlimited has. [Big Grin]

THE IGNORED PROPHECY: Wait for beta readers.
Much too soon. [Smile]

BEYOND THE PROPHECY (Briefly PATHS OF CHAOS): Start first draft.
I was having trouble getting started, but the words flowed pretty well last night. [Big Grin]

DREAMER'S ROSE: Pause, for now.
Easy one. [Smile]

WEIRD OZ: Let the new ideas ferment a bit.
Another easy one. [Smile]

OTHER:
Update my blog twice a week.
Yes. [Smile]

Next Week's Goals:

MAGE STORM:
Think about submitting this to a small publisher. But I may want to rewrite it with a slightly older protagonist first. I won't have an opening to do that for a couple of months.

MAGIC AND POWER:
Send out three more queries.

THE SHAMAN'S CURSE:
Watch and see how sales go on Kindle Select.

THE IGNORED PROPHECY:
Wait for beta readers.

BEYOND THE PROPHECY (Briefly PATHS OF CHAOS):
Keep the first draft moving along. (Hopefully, pick up some momentum.)

DREAMER'S ROSE:
Pause, for now.

WEIRD OZ:
Let the new ideas ferment a bit.

OTHER:
Update my blog twice a week.

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owasm
Member # 8501

- posted      Profile for Owasm   Email Owasm         Edit/Delete Post 
Lost the first rewrite for the Bellia novel. Had to go over it again.

Began work on the cover. Need to start that over again, as well.

Got my proof copies from CreateSpace for my Sara Featherwood refreshes. Will be working on those this coming week

Didn't get the queries out, will do so this week.

Posts: 1608 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Natej11
Member # 8547

- posted      Profile for Natej11   Email Natej11         Edit/Delete Post 
My standing goal for the last few months has been to get at least 10 manuscript pages of writing a day done, then when I complete a first draft at least 20 pages of revising a day.

It's been pretty intense, but last week I managed to finish and publish the second book in my The Protectorate series, Withered Sea, and start it on the KDP free book promotion. Sales have been lower than I'd hoped for, probably because it's a sequel and didn't get quite as much promotion as the first book, but my goal is to brute force sales with a large number of quality books and whatever modest promotion I can manage until my name gets out. It's labor intensive, but if there's one thing I have plenty of, it's free time and a love of writing.

This week I'm beginning work on the first book of my Legacy of the Deep Gnomes series, Veiled Trove. I'm going to try to keep up the at least 10 pages a day and get at least 1/3 of the way through it.

I'm also planning on looking up more ways to promote my books through social media, especially while a free book promotion is going on.

Posts: 620 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.