Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Groups » Novel Support Group 1/2 - 1/8

Author Topic: Novel Support Group 1/2 - 1/8
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Welcome to this week's Novel Support Group. Anyone can join. If you're new, tell us a bit about who you are and what project you are working on. Feel free to update the NSG Work in Progress thread with your current projects. Although we can report on any number of things, here is a list of suggestions (suggestions welcomed).

What were your goals last week and did you accomplish them?
Describe what you worked on.
Set goals for next week.
Did you learn something during this week?

Here is a list of things that you can do each week as we work on our novels (suggestions welcomed).

Writing on a novel
Characterization
World Building
Relevant research

=-=-=-=-=

As for me.

Last Week's Goals:

MAGE STORM: Hold until after I have a draft of Book 3 of the Dual Magics series.
Easy one. [Smile]

DAUGHTER OF THE DISGRACED KING (Formerly MAGIC AND POWER): On query hiatus until the middle of January, so as not to be lost in the crowd.
Still easy. [Smile]

THE SHAMAN'S CURSE: As Book 1 of the series, this will be part of whatever promotion I come up with for THE VOICE OF PROPHECY.
Nothing yet.

THE VOICE OF PROPHECY (Formerly THE IGNORED PROPHECY): Figure out some promotions for after the first of the year, no earlier than about the 15th.
Nothing yet.

BEYOND THE PROPHECY (Briefly PATHS OF CHAOS): Build up momentum again on the first draft.
Working on it. [Smile]

"Modgud Gold": Tie-in story to the DUAL MAGICS series. Begin revision. I'd like to have this one ready to publish sometime in the Spring.
Well, I've begun [Wink]

OTHER:
Update my blog twice a week.
Yes. [Smile]

Next Week's Goals:

MAGE STORM:
Hold until after I have a draft of Book 3 of the Dual Magics series.

DAUGHTER OF THE DISGRACED KING (Formerly MAGIC AND POWER):
On query hiatus until the middle of January, so as not to be lost in the crowd.

THE SHAMAN'S CURSE:
As Book 1 of the series, this will be part of whatever promotion I come up with for THE VOICE OF PROPHECY.

THE VOICE OF PROPHECY (Formerly THE IGNORED PROPHECY):
Figure out some promotions for after the first of the year, no earlier than about the 15th.

BEYOND THE PROPHECY (Briefly PATHS OF CHAOS):
Build up momentum again on the first draft.

"Modgud Gold":
Tie-in story to the DUAL MAGICS series. Continue revision. I'd like to have this one ready to publish sometime in the Spring.

OTHER:
Update my blog twice a week.

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
I was just thinking of this thread yesterday. You must have posted while I thought. [Smile]

Anyway, been working on adding to my NaNo novel--known as "Learning CurveX2". At the moment I went over chapter one and am adding to a fight between my MC and a ghoul couple. Figured she needed to get hurt more than I originally wrote in. One injury will be continually re-hurt throughout the novel.

I also worked some on my steampunk Sp Ops tales. At around 55,000 words I and calling it a novel even though it's five stories about the same guy. I have ran the stories through a free grammar checker I found and I have written the forward. All except the cover I could be ready to Indie publish it in a week. I still need a blurb but I can do that and get the whole manuscript ready if I tried. But that cover is going to hold it back, so I will be taking my time doing the rest of the work while I work on other stuff.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.