Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Groups » Novel Support Group 10/16 - 10/22

Author Topic: Novel Support Group 10/16 - 10/22
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Welcome to this week's Novel Support Group. Anyone can join. If you're new, tell us a bit about who you are and what project you are working on. Feel free to update the NSG Work in Progress thread with your current projects. Although we can report on any number of things, here is a list of suggestions (suggestions welcomed).

What were your goals last week and did you accomplish them?
Describe what you worked on.
Set goals for next week.
Did you learn something during this week?

Here is a list of things that you can do each week as we work on our novels (suggestions welcomed).

Writing on a novel
Characterization
World Building
Relevant research

=-=-=-=-=

As for me:

Last Week's Goals:

MAGE STORM: Think about what else I could do with this story.
Having some interesting thoughts. Not the time to get to it, though. [Smile] [Frown]

THE SHAMAN'S CURSE/THE VOICE OF PROPHECY/BEYOND THE PROPHECY: Nothing this week.
Easy one. [Smile]

WAR OF MAGIC (temporary working title of DUAL MAGICS Book 4): Continue. Try to build up some momentum.
Still trying. [Roll Eyes]

BECOME: TO CATCH THE LIGHTNING: Continue.
A little. [Smile]

OTHER:
Update my blog twice a week.
Yes. [Smile]

Next Week's Goals:

MAGE STORM:
Think about what else I could do with this story.

THE SHAMAN'S CURSE/THE VOICE OF PROPHECY/BEYOND THE PROPHECY:
Nothing this week.

WAR OF MAGIC (temporary working title of DUAL MAGICS Book 4):
Continue. Try to build up some momentum.

BECOME: TO CATCH THE LIGHTNING (formerly DREAMER'S ROSE):
Continue.

OTHER:
Update my blog twice a week.

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Disgruntled Peony
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for Disgruntled Peony   Email Disgruntled Peony         Edit/Delete Post 
I have an outline for Sanguine (my intended NaNoWriMo project) written. It's pretty bare-bones at the moment, but the story has a beginning, middle and end, which is more than I can say it did last week. (I had a beginning and part of a middle.) I wrote it in a three-act structure format, but it probably won't keep that for long.

My goals for next week: Set up a chapter-by-chapter or scene-by-scene outline. (The first for sure, and possibly the second.)

Posts: 745 | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I skipped a week but it would have been a copy of the week before so I could have just cut and pasted. [Razz]

Anyway this week I did something different. Still worked on "Journey of Mystery" both writing new stuff and revising some of the older stuff. In the new stuff my MC and gang is about to get in a fight with a vampire in the arctic. I almost forgot that I planned to do that, one of his companions is a vampire fighter after all. She takes on all forms of Unnaturals though and demanded to come along on this quest.

In the revise part my MC was involved in a fight with a large group of Half-dragons(cross breed dragons of various sizes and abilities) on board the airship, thought about Atlantes and how the Greek gods were probably just powerful mages who wanted to build a retreat than gets lost in a fog on the airship.

The new thing is that I also managed to work on "Viral Wizards" A book I haven't touched for months. The title explains how the wizards become wizards. The story takes place just after the US entered WWI and is a dragonpunk-steampunk-Urban Fantasy-historical fiction fusion. There are six varieties of wizards: earth wind and fire(they learn to sing too-no no no no, not actually), water, a general wizard and an energy wizard. Plus a rare virus that can cause people to go ape-actually wolf-like. Not exactly a true wolf but they do get temperamental during full moons and like to run at night. My MC was on a pity party because now he is being watched very carefully and he is used to being in the background and pretty much forgotten. He has reached the end of his extra training and is about to be sent to the front.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumpy old guy
Member # 9922

- posted      Profile for Grumpy old guy   Email Grumpy old guy         Edit/Delete Post 
I have done nothing for a few weeks now--I just couldn't be bothered. Start with a 10 day sinus infection, add a good dose of the flu, and then top it of with a head cold.

My brain hurts; or it would if I could feel it.

Phil.

Posts: 1937 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.