Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Groups » NSG NaNo Check-In for 11/27

Author Topic: NSG NaNo Check-In for 11/27
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Today was a very low-energy day. Sometimes it's best to skip writing when you know you'll just end up having to delete it.

How about everyone else?

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
I be doing fine.

Really neat. [Smile]

I should be able to break 45,000 tonight and my hero is headed for a big chase scene and confrontation with the head bad guy.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by LDWriter2:
I be doing fine.

Really neat. [Smile]

I should be able to break 45,000 tonight and my hero is headed for a big chase scene and confrontation with the head bad guy.

Which is good for she will finally be able to use those goggles a friend gave her a while back in the story. This is steampunk after all. [Big Grin]
Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Disgruntled Peony
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for Disgruntled Peony   Email Disgruntled Peony         Edit/Delete Post 
My husband and I were talking about writing this morning, because he didn't like how discouraged I've been feeling lately. Among other things, he pointed out that I was honestly expecting too much of myself considering how many other commitments I have on my time and that as soon as I realized I wouldn't be able to accomplish my goal I went into a downward spiral writing-wise. He says I should work at my own pace, rather than trying to adhere to an obligatory time-frame set by someone else. He also says that I should be less worried about writing stories with an aim toward getting published at this point than about getting stories written and polished to a point where I'm proud of them.

All of that said, I have written 239 words so far tonight, and I intend to write more before bed.

Posts: 745 | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray for your husband, and hooray for you for having the sense to marry him. Sounds like a great guy who loves and supports you.
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walexander
Member # 9151

- posted      Profile for walexander   Email walexander         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm cheering on you guys. Hope you reach your marks.

World building my new novel is killing me. It's at the point where all the basics are down and now the small wispy idea's start creeping in from every corner and you feel like you are chasing them around the room with a broom--some to capture--some to chase away. You start doing the blank stare off into the imagination that everyone around you can't see. Not the best timing during the holidays.

It took over my NaNo hopes and pulled me into it's dark insane seductive world of attempting to chase down the illusive unique ideas. The writers holy grail just out of reach over the fathomless depth spiraling into the abyss.

DP glad your hubby's got your back, and he's right. The book or story will get done when they get done. They're like kids, you can't rush it. You give them life, and each will take what time they need whether you like it or not.

Posts: 634 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.