Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Groups » Novel Support Group 11/4 - 11/10

Author Topic: Novel Support Group 11/4 - 11/10
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Welcome to this week's Novel Support Group. Anyone can join. If you're new, tell us a bit about who you are and what project you are working on. Feel free to update the NSG Work in Progress thread with your current projects. Although we can report on any number of things, here is a list of suggestions (suggestions welcomed).

What were your goals last week and did you accomplish them?
Describe what you worked on.
Set goals for next week.
Did you learn something during this week?

Here is a list of things that you can do each week as we work on our novels (suggestions welcomed).

Writing on a novel
Characterization
World Building
Relevant research

=-=-=-=-=

As for me:

Last Week's Goals:

THE SHAMAN'S CURSE/THE VOICE OF PROPHECY/BEYOND THE PROPHECY: Nothing this week.
Easy one. [Smile]

WAR OF MAGIC: Social media promotion.
Eh. No. [Frown]

BECOME: TO CATCH THE LIGHTNING: Continue writing first draft.
Yes. [Smile]

OTHER:
Update my blog twice a week.
Yes. [Smile]

Next Week's Goals:

THE SHAMAN'S CURSE/THE VOICE OF PROPHECY/BEYOND THE PROPHECY:
Nothing this week.

WAR OF MAGIC:
Social media promotion.

BECOME: TO CATCH THE LIGHTNING:
Continue writing first draft.

OTHER:
Update my blog twice a week.

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Disgruntled Peony
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for Disgruntled Peony   Email Disgruntled Peony         Edit/Delete Post 
I've started writing the first draft of my novella. I considered trying to complete the first draft by the end of November. After two days I decided that was unwise. I write better guilt-free, and NaNoWriMo imposes some hefty guilt when I don't meet my goals. If I manage it, great! If not, I still have the first half of December to work with before I *need* to move on to editing.
Posts: 745 | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.