Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Hatrack Groups » Novel Support Group 2/24 - 3/2

Author Topic: Novel Support Group 2/24 - 3/2
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Welcome to this week's Novel Support Group. Anyone can join. If you're new, tell us a bit about who you are and what project you are working on. Feel free to update the NSG Work in Progress thread with your current projects. Although we can report on any number of things, here is a list of suggestions (suggestions welcomed).

What were your goals last week and did you accomplish them?
Describe what you worked on.
Set goals for next week.
Did you learn something during this week?

Here is a list of things that you can do each week as we work on our novels (suggestions welcomed).

Writing on a novel
Characterization
World Building
Relevant research

=-=-=-=-=

As for me:

Last Week's Goals:

DUAL MAGICS SERIES (THE SHAMAN'S CURSE, THE VOICE OF PROPHECY, BEYOND THE PROPHECY,and WAR OF MAGIC): Nothing for this week.
Easy one. [Smile]

BECOME: TO CATCH THE LIGHTNING: Finish the part I'm splitting off into a prequel novella.
Still not yet. [Frown] [Roll Eyes]

MAGE STORM: Read through what I've already rewritten.
Nope. [Frown]

DAUGHTER OF THE DISGRACED KING: Rehab the categories, keywords, and blurb.
Yes. [Smile]

OTHER:
Update my blog twice a week.
Yes. [Smile]

Next Week's Goals:

DUAL MAGICS SERIES (THE SHAMAN'S CURSE, THE VOICE OF PROPHECY, BEYOND THE PROPHECY,and WAR OF MAGIC):
Prepare a one-day promotion for THE SHAMAN'S CURSE.

BECOME: TO CATCH THE LIGHTNING:
Finish the prequel novella.

MAGE STORM:
Read through what I've already rewritten.

DAUGHTER OF THE DISGRACED KING:
Try another one-day promo after updating categories, keywords, and blurb.

OTHER:
Update my blog twice a week.

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WBSchmidt
Member # 8533

- posted      Profile for WBSchmidt   Email WBSchmidt         Edit/Delete Post 
Still on a high after attending LTUE. Not really prepared to set any goals yet as I'm still getting back into the flow. However, I'm concentrating on weaving some rising actions from the three view point characters in this new fantasy novel I'm working on. Other than that, not much.

-- William

Posts: 354 | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
Not all that much work on the novels. Working on a couple of longer stories and a couple very short tales.

Next week I want to get "The Courier" organized and the last chapter written and the last scene written revised. I need to find a place for both too. And decide if I should split the longest chapter. I may take out one short section and add it to that scene I referenced. It will be okay if what is left over is still the longest chapter by far,

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.