Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Discussing Published Hooks & Books » Children of Hurin

Author Topic: Children of Hurin
rcorporon
Member # 2879

- posted      Profile for rcorporon   Email rcorporon         Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody else reading this? It's marvelous. Tolkien was truly the greatest of the great fantasy writers.
Posts: 450 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Got it, but, oddly, haven't done more than skim through it---which is really odd, 'cause I've been going through several other Tolkien volumes this past month. I spent half my vacation-on-the-road time reading half of The Lord of the Rings...when I got back I reread The History of Middle Earth, the recent annotation of LoTR...and, both before and after, I ran through the just-released two-volume "History" of The Hobbit too.

Now I've gotta find the copy of "The Children of Hurin" I bought the week it came out, and add it to the pile...now, where did I put it?

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
I did read it...it's a good story...but all my inveterate puttering around in the posthumous Tolkien releases makes me see every join and every seam in the work. This part came from here...that part from there...and this other part from somewhere else...
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.