Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Discussing Published Hooks & Books » Beggars in Spain

Author Topic: Beggars in Spain
KPKilburn
Member # 6876

- posted      Profile for KPKilburn   Email KPKilburn         Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone read both the novella and the book "Beggars in Spain" by Nancy Kress? I just read the novella in a Writers of the Future book.

From reading the intro, I thought the book was just an expanded version of the novella, but it seems that it's a continuation (from reading the Wikipedia article).

The main reason I read the story was because I have a "how to" book by Nancy Kress called Characters, Emotion, & Viewpoints.

Though I liked the story, the writing seemed a little clunky in parts - not what I would have expected from a published work that won both the Hugo and Nebula awards.

I don't have it in front of me at the moment, but was wondering if anyone else had read it and found the same awkwardness in some of the writing as I did.

Posts: 172 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.