Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Hellluuuuuuw

Author Topic: Hellluuuuuuw
Shi Magadan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for Shi Magadan   Email Shi Magadan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm not bran-spankin-new, but new nonetheless.

I'm originally from Moscow, Russia. We moved to the USA when I was ten. I've maintained my first language pretty well. You won't detect an accent in my speech, and (more importantly) hopefuly not in my writing.

Went to college at RPI, which is near Albany, NY. BS Chemical Engineering, Minor in Philosophy in 2003. Now I work as a Research Engineer.

I've been writing on a "regular" basis for the past six months... but, off and on for most of my life (all 24 years of it).

Favorite authors in no particular order:

Frank Herbert, Fyodor Dostoevsky, Douglas Adams, OSC, Vladimir Visotsky, Leo Tolstoy, Edna St. Vincent Millay, Thomas Hardy.

Anyway, big HI to everyone old and new. Thus far Hatrack has been a great experience. Really looking forward to learning from all of you.

Posts: 81 | Registered: Dec 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaina
Member # 2387

- posted      Profile for Jaina   Email Jaina         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you had an accent in your writing, I'd be slightly concerned.

Douglas Adams! Pure awesomeness! I heard they're going to make a movie out of Hitchhiker's Guide, and I don't know whether I think that's a good thing or a bad thing. Probably a bit of both. It's going to be hard to catch his wit on film, that's for sure.

Anyway, glad to meet you!

--Jaya

Posts: 437 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
MrClean
Member # 1958

- posted      Profile for MrClean           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi shi! welcome. I'm pretty bran spankin new. Glad to know you.

MC

Posts: 140 | Registered: Mar 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeraliey
Member # 2147

- posted      Profile for Jeraliey   Email Jeraliey         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heya!

I go to RPI occasionally for fencing tournaments!

Good group of folks you got up there!

Welcome!!

Posts: 1041 | Registered: Aug 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
TaShaJaRo
Member # 2354

- posted      Profile for TaShaJaRo   Email TaShaJaRo         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome! Love Douglas Adams.
Posts: 225 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
ScottMiller
Member # 2410

- posted      Profile for ScottMiller   Email ScottMiller         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Shi! I'm new here myself.

One of my friends in high school wanted to go to RPI, so I'm vaguely familiar with it (I used to live downstate, in the Ithaca area).

Speaking of Douglas Adams, shoe stores are beginning to open and close around here at an alarming rate. Are we nearing the Shoe Event Horizon?

Posts: 132 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Shi Magadan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for Shi Magadan   Email Shi Magadan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah! HGG is coming out Arpil 29. I can't wait to see it...

Martin Freeman is cast as Arthur Dent. He was great in The Office (not Office Space, The Office, it's British). That was an awesome show, very funny.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome.

Posts: 81 | Registered: Dec 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.