Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Hello

Author Topic: Hello
GavinLoftin
Member # 1966

- posted      Profile for GavinLoftin   Email GavinLoftin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all,
The name's Gavin. I work in wine, and the drinking seems to accomodate a need for writing. I live in Denver with a great view of the mountains. I've been a member of Hatrack for just about a year now. I don't post often, but I hope to change that soon. I do read every post though. This site is the best on the internet for writing and learning. Everyone here feels grounded and you all give great advice. I've become quite addicted to this site. Its a joy to read, and it also keeps me inspired to get of my bum and write.
My favorite authors include Saul Bellows, John Crowley, Mark Helprin, and of course Tolkein.

Posts: 25 | Registered: Mar 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaina
Member # 2387

- posted      Profile for Jaina   Email Jaina         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saul Bellows... only stuff of his I've read is Seize the Day, which was all right but I read it for a lit class that I didn't care for too much, which kind of ruined it for me.

Denver--whereabouts in Denver? I'm originally from Brighton, myself, and the only thing to do in Brighton is go do something in Denver. So I've been around there quite a bit. I'm in Fort Fun at the moment, at CSU trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my life.

Glad to see ya!

--Jaya

Posts: 437 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Gavin, good to meet you. I drink a lot of wine. And have done some environmental work for Gallo. My family in Chile used to be in the wine business, but sold out to the Spanish.

Hope to see some of your writing, soon.

Posts: 2710 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
GavinLoftin
Member # 1966

- posted      Profile for GavinLoftin   Email GavinLoftin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Jaina,
I'm right around the Capital hill area. If you've ever been to Waxtrax I live right across the street. Good to hear there's someone else nearby.

GavinLoftin
Member # 1966

Mike,
Good to hear you like the grape as well. I don't know what I'd do without at least a glass a night. Chile has some great wine these days.

MrClean
Member # 1958

- posted      Profile for MrClean           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Gavin, glad to meet you! I'm not a wine drinker but I make up for it with Mt Dew. Way bad habit but it gives me hope in the dismal world. Whoa, I'm sicker than I thought. Anyway, hope to get to know you better.

MC

Posts: 140 | Registered: Mar 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaina
Member # 2387

- posted      Profile for Jaina   Email Jaina         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know the general area, though I don't spend a whole lot of time there. Maybe I'll have to pop in more often...
Posts: 437 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
ScottMiller
Member # 2410

- posted      Profile for ScottMiller   Email ScottMiller         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another Coloradan! We seem to be colonizing Hatrack at the moment

I live in the Loveland area, just outside town (although, with the way building is going up here, it won't be "outside" for very much longer). I might have to pop down to Waxtrax sometime (I'm a record collector).

Not a heavy wine drinker but I like a glass of a good chardonnay or rose every now and then.

Posts: 132 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.