Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Greetings

Author Topic: Greetings
FreyasFriend
Member # 2426

- posted      Profile for FreyasFriend   Email FreyasFriend         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Folks. I am Lawrence Nielsen. I live in Browns Valley, CA (in the Gold Counry between Maryville and Grass Valley). I have been writing for years, but my publications have largely been historical articles for stuffy academics. My interests are Science Fiction, oetry, mycology and micophagery, gardening, prospecting, selling wolf tickets, and courting my wife of 37 years. I look forward to contributing to the forum. Larry
Posts: 39 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Isaiah13
Member # 2283

- posted      Profile for Isaiah13           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, 37 years. That's impressive. Welcome!
Posts: 270 | Registered: Jan 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
catnep
Member # 2359

- posted      Profile for catnep   Email catnep         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I like mushrooms on my salad and pizza. Use to be a delight I pretended to loathe because nobody likes mushrooms when they're kids. Does your interest extend past the edibility of certain fungi? Anyway, welcome to the group!
Posts: 85 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
MrClean
Member # 1958

- posted      Profile for MrClean           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Larry, Welcome! It's pretty rare these days to have marriage last that long. It can be done though. I'm working on 34 years myself! Looking forward to getting to know you. Enjoy

MC

Posts: 140 | Registered: Mar 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
FreyasFriend
Member # 2426

- posted      Profile for FreyasFriend   Email FreyasFriend         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the welcome. In response to the question about what fungi I eat or ingest, let it be clear that I avoid the toxins, including those that cause rainbows and visits from, as the Chinese put it, the little men. I spend considerable time wandering in the woods and waste places hunting for the uncommon comestibles. And for those of you who might worry, I am also very careful about what I pick and eat. I firmly believe in the folk saying,"There are old mushroom hunters, and bold mushroom hunters - but no old, bold mushroom hunters. As you might guess, fungi often find their way into my writing, Again, thank you for the welcome. Ate logo.
Larry

TaShaJaRo
Member # 2354

- posted      Profile for TaShaJaRo   Email TaShaJaRo         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome! Did your historical publications focus on any one area of history?
Posts: 225 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
voce fala portogues?
Posts: 2710 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
FreyasFriend
Member # 2426

My historical works dealt with the social-demographic history of Brazil and Latin American Political leaders - and one more - British dominance in the Anglo-Portuguese colonial period trade. All the sexy stuff rendered boring - birth, death, marriage, politics, economies, and global competition for resources and lucre. Then I discovered fiction, and in particular Science Fiction, and I began writing something different.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.