Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » hatrack virgin

Author Topic: hatrack virgin
mouserah
Member # 2432

- posted      Profile for mouserah   Email mouserah         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I'm new to this site (actually to posting in general). i've written some stories (fantasy/fairy taleish) but i have absolutely no perspective, so i have no idea whether they are decent of the worst lines ever commited to paper. so . . . i'm really looking forward to getting some feedback and giving it as well of course.
Posts: 12 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
MrClean
Member # 1958

- posted      Profile for MrClean           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey mouserah, Welcome! tell us a little about yourself. Unless of course you want to keep that secret and that's okay. You can't go wrong at Hatrack. Lots to be learned and lots of help available. Good to know your.

MC

Posts: 140 | Registered: Mar 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
FreyasFriend
Member # 2426

- posted      Profile for FreyasFriend   Email FreyasFriend         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome. I am new to this site also. But I have seen a lot of - well - interesting writing. I doubt that your prose will be the worst any of us has seen. So, jump into the pond with the rest of us and thrash around until you learn to swim.
caritas luceat tui.

Posts: 39 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
mouserah
Member # 2432

- posted      Profile for mouserah   Email mouserah         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry, i wasn't trying to be mysterious, just don't feel there's much to tell. let's see. i'm 25, i live in a small town in arkansas. i moved here from portland oregon and am completely homesick for a city. my boyfriend has family down here and he was lucky enough to get a good enough job that i don't have to work, so i decided to either fish or cut bait as far as the writing thing goes. no kids, no pets (don't want the former, desperately want the latter). um . . . i like to read and write (obviously) um . .. i don't really like talking about myself,so that's it for now.
onepktjoe
Member # 2352

- posted      Profile for onepktjoe   Email onepktjoe         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello and welcome,

I'm also fairly new, but there's a lot of good people and a lot of helpful intentions. I'm sure you'll enjoy the company.

Welcome onboard,
Joe

Posts: 230 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Robyn_Hood
Member # 2083

- posted      Profile for Robyn_Hood   Email Robyn_Hood         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Hatrack!

This is a great place to grow as a writer. Don't be shy, dive in and give a few critiques, post a fragment, start an abstract discussion of an even more abstract point of literary form and style as it relates to speculative fiction...

Okay, maybe not quite that last bit (but as note, we have had some pretty in-depth, bizarre discussions around here ).

Posts: 1473 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
TaShaJaRo
Member # 2354

- posted      Profile for TaShaJaRo   Email TaShaJaRo         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Mouserah!

Posts: 225 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
JBSkaggs
Member # 2265

- posted      Profile for JBSkaggs   Email JBSkaggs         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi I also live in Arkansas with my family. I Also used to live in Oregon (Coos Bay, Coquille, McMinnville, and Willamina). It's strange but I miss the daily rain and the ocean.

If your not to far away I have been trying to get a local writer's group going you'd be welcome to join.

Welcome to Hatrack

JB Skaggs

Posts: 451 | Registered: Dec 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
Mahlyndah
Member # 2437

- posted      Profile for Mahlyndah   Email Mahlyndah         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't that a coinsidence. I used to live in Oregon, and I live in Arkansas now to:0
Posts: 5 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
RavenStarr
Member # 2327

- posted      Profile for RavenStarr   Email RavenStarr         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"(actually to posting in general)."

Holy, jebus! I didn't think there was still such a thing this day in age...

"so i have no idea whether they are decent of the worst lines ever committed to paper."

Well... if it's any consolation, some of the worst lines ever committed to paper are now considered classic works.

[This message has been edited by RavenStarr (edited March 15, 2005).]

Posts: 183 | Registered: Jan 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
mouserah
Member # 2432

what can i say, i'm a luddite. i've only had a dvd player for 3 months. i don't own a cell phone. or palm pilot or mp3 players. i think i've read too much ray bradbury and phillip k. dick to ever really be comfortable with technology.

i am currently in fayetteville ( i actually might be moving to ft. smilth here soon so my husband doesn't have to commute 2 hrs. a day.) but if that's close to anyone else, i would be interested in getting a writer's group going.

keldon02
Member # 2398

- posted      Profile for keldon02   Email keldon02         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome from another relative newbie. Nothing wrong with being anti-clutter to a point, especially where the clutter has to do with tv and excessively efficient telecommunication.
Posts: 245 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
ScottMiller
Member # 2410

- posted      Profile for ScottMiller   Email ScottMiller         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome. Nice to meetcha.

Settle in, the chairs are comfy

Posts: 132 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.