Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Aren't self introductions grand?

Author Topic: Aren't self introductions grand?
cklabyrinth
Member # 2454

- posted      Profile for cklabyrinth           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, I'm an aspiring writer that has yet to finish a story. I do have about 15-20 story ideas written down in various places; hopefully I can someday get around to writing a few of them - I think they are pretty good ideas.

Anyway, I anticipate improving my work via these forums. They look really helpful at first glance.

-ck

Posts: 179 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeraliey
Member # 2147

- posted      Profile for Jeraliey   Email Jeraliey         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome!! They're really helpful on second and third glances, too! Hope you have fun here!
Posts: 1041 | Registered: Aug 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
HSO
Member # 2056

- posted      Profile for HSO   Email HSO         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Troubles finishing a story? Try this tip: Write the ending first. Then go back and write everything else. You may find this much easier. Knowing the precise ending beforehand makes getting to the end a breeze, typically.

Welcome aboard.

Posts: 1520 | Registered: Jun 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
onepktjoe
Member # 2352

- posted      Profile for onepktjoe   Email onepktjoe         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello and welcome CK,

Keep at it, it's just like breaking in muscles: the more you do, the easier it gets to keep going and the stronger you get. I know you'll find a lot of helpful people in this community.

Joe

Posts: 230 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
cklabyrinth
Member # 2454

- posted      Profile for cklabyrinth           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When do I get rid of this 'New Member' title? A certain number of posts?
Posts: 179 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaina
Member # 2387

- posted      Profile for Jaina   Email Jaina         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like you managed it. But you're a newbie around here until everybody else decides you're not. I figured that out the hard way!

Anyway, welcome aboard!

Posts: 437 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
ScottMiller
Member # 2410

- posted      Profile for ScottMiller   Email ScottMiller         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I think I'm on permanent newbie status .

Eh. I probably have only myself to blame.

Posts: 132 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaina
Member # 2387

- posted      Profile for Jaina   Email Jaina         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Permanent newbie status? Hmm, I never thought of that. Wonder if I'm headed down that road?

Wonder if that's a good thing or a bad thing?

Posts: 437 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Monolith
Member # 2034

- posted      Profile for Monolith   Email Monolith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome and have a sit. I'm with you on the idea wagon, I have two that I need to finish.

Maybe you've seen them on F&F? If not look them up. I'm kinda anxious as to seeing if you improve as much as I have.

Welcome once again, and stay awhile.

-Monolith-

Posts: 340 | Registered: Jun 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.