Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Hi

Author Topic: Hi
Lauren
Member # 2462

- posted      Profile for Lauren   Email Lauren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there everyone! I'm very glad I got bored of revising for exams, because otherwise I'd never have found this site! It looks great, and I'm sure GCSE's aren't all that important anyway. I just wanted to say hi, and to ask if anyone has any tips for fitting in writing around all the boring stuff? Although possibly i can find a post on that elsewhere... i shall go look now.
Anyway, thanks, bye!

Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
ablelaz
Member # 2446

- posted      Profile for ablelaz   Email ablelaz         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lauren---Welcome aboard! I`m a bit of a newbee myself, not sure how long one remains a newbee, but I`M starting to feel my way around. Anyway welcome again I will keep an eye out for snipets of your talent.
Talk to you soon--ablelaz.

Posts: 19 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaina
Member # 2387

- posted      Profile for Jaina   Email Jaina         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello and welcome!

Hmm, tips for fitting in writing around all the boring stuff? Well, as a college student, I achieve it by staying up until all hours of the night. And writing is a convenient form of procrastination.

Of course, these aren't good tips. But it works for me!

Posts: 437 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
djvdakota
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for djvdakota   Email djvdakota         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure! It's called SLEEP DEPRIVATION!!!

Welcome.

Posts: 1670 | Registered: Apr 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
ScottMiller
Member # 2410

- posted      Profile for ScottMiller   Email ScottMiller         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I always found "rushing through the mandatory stuff to get something done of my own" to be a helpful method of getting some writing done, but it's not necessarily the way to ingratiate yourself with instructors.

Are you from the UK, by any chance?

Posts: 132 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
Lauren
Member # 2462

- posted      Profile for Lauren   Email Lauren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone, and yes I am from the UK, I live near London actually. Good guess. Are most people here from the US?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Mar 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.