Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Gosh, I love intro boards.

Author Topic: Gosh, I love intro boards.
lindsey
Member # 2566

- posted      Profile for lindsey   Email lindsey         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get so queasy when I try to break into a new forum and there isn't any nice place to do so! Nice that there is this cut-dried spot for me to introduce myself. Not that I'm any less nervous.

I am Lindsey, and this is my second time visiting this forum. First I visited the young writer's forum, but as it seems to have gone the way of the dinosaurs, I've come here instead. I suppose that is a good thing, though. I have an inkling this forum will be much more helpful.

Well, here is a small bit about me. I'm a very wee and inexperienced sixteen years old, and my writing is, to say the least, uncultured. I have a tendency to start projects and then stop, only to read them months later and despair that I'll ever be able to pick up the story where I abandoned it. Not to mention wondering whether I can even maintain the same tone, or if I even want to.

I've always loved writing, but only recently have I begun considering pursuing it as more than just a hobby. I get this crazy feeling that I will find more help here than anywhere else on this crazy internet.

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
mikemunsil
Member # 2109

- posted      Profile for mikemunsil   Email mikemunsil         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a comfortable feeling that you're right! Welcome to Hatrack!!
Posts: 2710 | Registered: Jul 2004  | Report this post to a Moderator
onepktjoe
Member # 2352

- posted      Profile for onepktjoe   Email onepktjoe         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lindsey,

And welcome. Take a look around at some of the recent intro posts. You'll see more than a few others coming from YW, and you'll see some threads that'll give you an idea what to expect.

Have fun and learn lots.

Joe

Posts: 230 | Registered: Feb 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator
rickfisher
Member # 1214

- posted      Profile for rickfisher   Email rickfisher         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
my writing is, to say the least, uncultured.
Not that I want to be rude to a newbie, but I have to disagree, based simply on your post. Your writing skills are obviously fine.

I hope we'll get a chance to sample your story-telling skills soon, as well.

Posts: 932 | Registered: Jul 2001  | Report this post to a Moderator
jeduthun
Member # 2563

- posted      Profile for jeduthun   Email jeduthun         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to see I'm not the only one who's nervous, or thinks the internet is crazy!

Your writing is excellent. I look forward to your storytelling as well.

Posts: 41 | Registered: May 2005  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.