Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Vermonter by choice, Las Vegan by necessity

Author Topic: Vermonter by choice, Las Vegan by necessity
Robalope
Member # 4858

- posted      Profile for Robalope           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I've been lurking around the forum for a few weeks and have decided to give it a go myself.
I'm 24 and from Vermont. I grew up in Montpelier then moved on to Burlington to go to university. I have a degree in Theatre and currently work for Cirque du Soleil in Las Vegas, NV. I have plans to move away....what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas....and it ain't always pretty....so I'm keen to leave.

I used to be an avid reader/writer. I was one of those kids in school with a stack of novels to plough through and notebooks filled with notes on characters and places from my own imagining.

So I'm here, hoping to learn and reconnect to that gawky teenager. I miss her and her stories.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeepDreamer
Member # 5337

- posted      Profile for DeepDreamer   Email DeepDreamer         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ignore the troll, and welcome to Hatrack. Our dear kdw will be along shortly to slay aforementioned troll.

Posts: 34 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robalope
Member # 4858

- posted      Profile for Robalope           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for that.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeepDreamer
Member # 5337

- posted      Profile for DeepDreamer   Email DeepDreamer         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No problem. I can imagine how intimidating it must be to be welcomed so rudely... This board isn't like that most of the time.

I used to be a gawky teenage writer. In my heart, I still am. I still have that enthusiasm for new ideas, new places to explore, new galaxies to travel, new people to meet, new stories to tell. I just lost a little of that passion amidst the whole mess of moving out, living on my own, becoming an adult in the eyes of society. Let's both reconnect to our old writer-selves together. =)

Posts: 34 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robalope, welcome to Hatrack.

By the way, the person who posted as "Survivor" here was an imposter. The real Survivor can be a little blunt in his feedback (which is appreciated here at Hatrack even when it is blunt), but he is not a troll.

Posts: 7999 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.