Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » The new guy

Author Topic: The new guy
undocked1
Member # 6782

- posted      Profile for undocked1           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello All!
Here is a little bit about me. I'm completely new to writing. I have had stories bouncing around in my head for years and I have finally decided to put some of them down on paper. I am doing this for the first time here at age 32, so be easy on the old man. For fun I suffer from "too many hobbies" syndrome, including martial arts, kayaking, strategy games, (and countless others) and am also youth leader at my church and a father of 2. I pay the bills as a Information Security Analyst so if anyone needs details of computer security really works (or doesn't) let me know.
- Undocked1

Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skadder
Member # 6757

- posted      Profile for skadder   Email skadder         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I am 41 and only started writing a year ago, so I know how you feel.

Welcome.

Posts: 2987 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi and Welcome to Hatrack.

Watch what yer callin' old, bub.

This is a great place to start. Enjoy.

Posts: 3677 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HuntGod
Member # 2259

- posted      Profile for HuntGod           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're all old farts here...37 years young and feeling every long foot aching minute of it.
Posts: 552 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm forty-six, and I've been writing and submitting since I was fourteen...
Posts: 8649 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Igwiz
Member # 6867

- posted      Profile for Igwiz   Email Igwiz         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I've always thought it had more to do with the mileage than the model year. :-) At 38 I think I've still got some tread left, but sometimes it feels like I'm on my 3rd set of tires...

Welcome. I just joined recently, and have found that no matter whether you're an old fart or wet behind the ears, everybody is willing to take the time to look at honest effort and give their honest advice. About all you can ask for...

Good luck.

Posts: 269 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meg.stout
Member # 6193

- posted      Profile for meg.stout   Email meg.stout         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi undocked1,

I didn't write a lick of fiction until November 1, 2006 at age 43. Somehow managed to get into OSC BootCamp this past year, and life is looking good.

So, you're never too old nor too young to become a writer (I'm older, and heavens knows there are gazillions of younger folks out there being complete successes).

Posts: 336 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
undocked1
Member # 6782

- posted      Profile for undocked1           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks all for the words of encouragement. I hope to post some writing soon.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.