Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Ho, buggerlovers

Author Topic: Ho, buggerlovers
Darth Petra
Member # 7126

- posted      Profile for Darth Petra   Email Darth Petra         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am new. My name is Darth Petra or Fuzface. Call me what you want. I'm obnoxiously obsessed with Hedgehogs, Orson Scott Card, Fantasy, and Writing. Right now, I'm trying to write a fantasy novel. Which I have been trying to do for YEARS. It's about elves....who have fur and wings...and it will be awesome, hopefully. ANYwho, I'm pretty much insane and Ender-obsessed. The enemy's gate is down.
Posts: 77 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. Uh...Welcome to Hatrack.
Posts: 3682 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth Petra
Member # 7126

- posted      Profile for Darth Petra   Email Darth Petra         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FEAR ME!!!! I'm so bored.......
Posts: 77 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
meg.stout
Member # 6193

- posted      Profile for meg.stout   Email meg.stout         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Darth Petra,

But what about the times when the gate is actually pasted to the side of a sardine tin, and the orientation changes as the grocery cart topples along its way?

Good luck with your fuzzy elves -

Posts: 336 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth Petra
Member # 7126

Meh. Everyone thinks the fuzzy elves are too weird. But I think it will work.
The Enemy's gate is still down, becaue Ender is ALWAYS right because he is awesome.

meg.stout
Member # 6193

- posted      Profile for meg.stout   Email meg.stout         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The Enemy's gate is still down, because Ender is ALWAYS right because he is awesome.

This is true. I guess it is just the gate of my enemies that sometimes topples and tilts.

Posts: 336 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth Petra
Member # 7126

All my enemies are dead. Mwahahahahahaha.
bigdawgpoet
Member # 7046

- posted      Profile for bigdawgpoet   Email bigdawgpoet         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend, you truly are insane!

You should feel right at home with us. Welcome!

And I agree with your thinking that fuzzy elves will work. Anything will work if it is written well.

Speaking of which, the correct spelling is "anyhoo", I believe. :-D

Cheerio!

Posts: 65 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth Petra
Member # 7126

I should be insane. I've worked hard to become so. And I invent my own spellings of words. It confusiates people.
TaleSpinner
Member # 5638

- posted      Profile for TaleSpinner   Email TaleSpinner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm ... confusiation might give rise to offence, albeit unwittingly.

"Bugger" is British vulgar slang: a noun, a verb or an exclamation.

As a noun it's hardly ever used by itself. You can call someone a daft bugger, a silly bugger or even a clever bugger, but not just a bugger. It's often a term of endearment, but to call someone you don't know a stupid bugger, or even just a bugger, is playing silly buggers.

If you're getting bored in the pub you can bugger the expense and buy drinks for all the miserable buggers around you. Or you might bugger off with friends in order to bugger about somewhere else, but be careful not to bugger up your evening by telling a tough bugger to bugger off--you might wind up buggered yourself and that may not have been your intention.

If you're unpleasantly surprised you might cry "bugger", "buggeration", or "bugger me"--but with the last, be sure to understand that your exclamation could be mistaken for an intimate invitation.

Welcome, I think, to Hatrack.
Pat

Posts: 1796 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth Petra
Member # 7126

I meant "bugger" as in Ender's Game. I'm not British and I don't swear.
TaleSpinner
Member # 5638

- posted      Profile for TaleSpinner   Email TaleSpinner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah. It was a term that bemused me in Ender's Game, as well.

Cheers,
Pat

Posts: 1796 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth Petra
Member # 7126

Sweet. I like bemusing people!
JeanneT
Member # 5709

- posted      Profile for JeanneT   Email JeanneT         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh... you meant Enders Game. I couldn't figure out why you'd start off with what is sometimes taken as a rude comment. LOL

Well, hello although I am not a bugger lover.

[This message has been edited by JeanneT (edited December 09, 2007).]

Posts: 1588 | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sphinxsphere
Member # 7390

- posted      Profile for sphinxsphere   Email sphinxsphere         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol! i got it right away though! and it would be quite as catchy as 'Formic-lovers' either. random question: does Orson ever explain where he got the name for them or how it was explained? I got the 'piggies' but I'd like to know where the term 'formics' originated. anyway, wellcome to Hatrack! Please leave your sanity at the door and kiss the cook!
Posts: 10 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Formic = ants
Posts: 8541 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth Petra
Member # 7126

quote:
lol! i got it right away though! and it would be quite as catchy as 'Formic-lovers' either. random question: does Orson ever explain where he got the name for them or how it was explained? I got the 'piggies' but I'd like to know where the term 'formics' originated. anyway, wellcome to Hatrack! Please leave your sanity at the door and kiss the cook!

I never had sanity...

SireneLitteraire
Member # 7436

- posted      Profile for SireneLitteraire           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DP,

You're stinkin' hysterical, and I for one, can't wait to read your stuff.

Bree

Posts: 32 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth Petra
Member # 7126

quote:
You're stinkin' hysterical, and I for one, can't wait to read your stuff.

Well, I'm glad someone besides me thinks so.

[This message has been edited by Darth Petra (edited December 21, 2007).]

SireneLitteraire
Member # 7436

- posted      Profile for SireneLitteraire           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 32 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.