Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » and it begins.

Author Topic: and it begins.
Wildstar
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for Wildstar   Email Wildstar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

I haven't written since High School, didn't really feel like I had a lot to say, but had a few short stories that people kept telling me I should submit to contests. Hard to tell when friends are being nice or honest so I never did anything with them.

I still tell stories but in a different way. I build stories from images and sounds. Now with the writers strike going on I figured I would try to go back and tell stories with words.

Thanks for your future help.

I've read through several postings now and like the no BS critics. I look forward to your honesty. Before I post my own stuff i am going to spend time reading and commenting on your stories first. Best way to learn.

DC

[This message has been edited by Wildstar (edited January 16, 2008).]

Posts: 27 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

Glad to meet you. welcome to hatarack.

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thedorkygirl
Member # 2639

- posted      Profile for thedorkygirl   Email thedorkygirl         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love that you're doing it for the writer's strike.

Welcome. I'm new to this area of the forums too, so I look forward to seeing you around.

Posts: 17 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annepin
Member # 5952

- posted      Profile for annepin   Email annepin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friends and relatives are great for giving you confidence and support. That's what they are there for. The rest of us, well, we'll be honest with you!

Welcome to Hatrack!

Posts: 2185 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigdawgpoet
Member # 7046

- posted      Profile for bigdawgpoet   Email bigdawgpoet         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, DC.

Look forward to reading your work.

See you around!

~Ben (bigdawgpoet)

Posts: 65 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.