Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » *insert catchy greeting*

Author Topic: *insert catchy greeting*
Jonsul
Member # 8227

- posted      Profile for Jonsul           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,

I'm Isaiah, I was looking up Orson Scott Card stuff, when suddenly I found this writers forum on his site! I couldn't even think of a greater idea and opportunity. Truthfully Orson Scott Card is one of my favorite authors and to be able to converse and debate with so many writers of the world and Pro. Card is amazing.

Not brown nosing or wanting any special attention or anything, it's just the cold hard truth. All people deserve the truth no matter how heart tearingly sweet and honoring it may be. LOL

Alittle about me:
I find I write very descriptive, dark, and with lots of emotion. I found I have a very impressive imagination that I can use to make any scene in my mind, and just write the film as I see it.
I also have strong religious views, and so I love to incorporate spirituality in my writing.

I'm 19 years old

I'm blond haired, blue eyed

6 ft

I love many doing other arts as well, like drawing, comic cartooning, and film

favorite authors: Orson Scott Card, David Gemmell

[This message has been edited by Jonsul (edited September 23, 2008).]

Posts: 29 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, Isaiah -

I also found Hatrack through inquiring about OSC - I was actually looking for info on the Ender's Game movie that was supposed to be in preproduction but apparently isn't.
Intead, I found these good folks.

I am the movie guru around here, and I screen a movie each month. Unfortunately, the movie is already over. So, I am asking new members if there was a certain movie or TV show that started their love for sci-fi. How about it; what's your sci-fi-tie?

Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonsul
Member # 8227

- posted      Profile for Jonsul           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAha funnily that's exactly one of the things I was looking for, as well as looking up the many books I haven't read yet. Hopefully the new comic book will add some fuel to the Ender's Game movie!

I'd say Pitch Black and Halo is what did it the most for me, but of course I started with watching Star Track 2nd gen

Posts: 29 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, Jonsul.

Here's your link to the Hatrack Utility Belt, also known as the H.U.B., a must-have for all aspiring writers.

Posts: 8270 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brad R Torgersen
Member # 8211

- posted      Profile for Brad R Torgersen   Email Brad R Torgersen         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Private Jonsul, this is your battlefield.

Your standard-issue HUB will serve you well, as will this standard-issue TA-50. Treat both with respect and maintain them, and you'll do OK.

Now drop and give me 20.

Posts: 386 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
innesjen
Member # 6126

- posted      Profile for innesjen   Email innesjen         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Hatrack!
Posts: 72 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crystal Stevens
Member # 8006

- posted      Profile for Crystal Stevens   Email Crystal Stevens         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know philocinemas hasn't had a chance to check in since I posted this, but I think the next movie ought to be BACK TO THE FUTURE. He did say he was thinking about a comedy this time around .

Tall, blue-eyed, and blond. Huh? Too bad I'm happily married . I think I'd be robbing the cradle anyway. You're young enough to be my son !

So won't you please come in and join the rest of us? We're all happy you could stop by and chat. If you'd be so kind as to follow me, I can get to a seat right here. An over-stuffed chair, this time, I think.

Welcome to Hatrack .

Posts: 1320 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiergan
Member # 7852

- posted      Profile for Tiergan   Email Tiergan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome.
Posts: 1161 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reagansgame
Member # 8149

- posted      Profile for Reagansgame   Email Reagansgame         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Ello, Isaiah! I'm a brunette, 5'7" with really bad eyesight. (Plus I'm almost 30) But I do like the dark side, for sure. My style is sorta a lighter dark side, though. I don't like to take the creepy stuff too seriously. Besides Card, who do tend to follow? I'll be looking forward to reading some of your samples. (PS, you just started the ball rolling for a very bizzare train of thought for me... OSC's singles.net, ran by Jane, like cupid.com, you get matched up on a bajillion levels of compatability... *species, planet, DIL: distance in lightyears, how comfortable you feel with ahniliating another species before finding out if they are verelsa (sp?) on a scale from 1-10, etc.)
Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Merlion-Emrys   Email Merlion-Emrys         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
~keeps his mouth completely shut as regards the self descreption and the "dropping"~

Greetings! Have some red velvet cake!

Posts: 2626 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ennis
Member # 8216

- posted      Profile for Ennis           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Jonsul, sounds like you write some interesting stuff! I'm actually working on a sci-fi novel in which the main theme is faith (or re-gaining a lost faith). I'll have to go check out your 13.

Cheers!

[This message has been edited by Ennis (edited September 26, 2008).]

Posts: 27 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.