Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » The door was open, so...?

Author Topic: The door was open, so...?
missjack
Member # 8036

- posted      Profile for missjack   Email missjack         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, everyone at Hatrack!

My name is Vilate Jack and I live in very, very small-town Utah. Whatever you're thinking... that's right. I'm new at networking as far as writing goes, but an online workshop came highly recommended, and Hatrack more recommended than most. (:

I've been browsing for a few days, and I can't wait to get to know everyone here.

Posts: 15 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick James
Member # 7847

- posted      Profile for Patrick James   Email Patrick James         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somebody left the door open? What if one of the inmates got out and h-hurt somebody? KDW would be filling out paperwork for months.

Hey, how ya doin'? Who really cares, right? Sit down shut up and don't make a nuissance of yourself. So, you like to browse, huh? You like to watch? You make me sick.

Ok, if you browsed then you know this place is a madhouse filled with the worst sort of lunatics. Believe it or not, I'm one of the better ones.

That's right, we got guys who have done things nobody would be proud of--like snapper. I would recommend running, but that's a self-locking door you just closed behind you. So, I'll just have to recommend hiding.

Welcome, MissJack. I hope I made you laugh.

Posts: 599 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missjack
Member # 8036

- posted      Profile for missjack   Email missjack         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh oh. I wondered about that ominous click.

Jeez a-lou, I guess I'm intimidated enough to speak up, then. Just remember, you asked for it.

...and you did make me laugh. (:

Posts: 15 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crystal Stevens
Member # 8006

- posted      Profile for Crystal Stevens   Email Crystal Stevens         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Believe it or not, we're not all lunatics. It's just that Patrick says things like that so he doesn't feel all alone in his own craziness. Snapper can be a crank at times, too, but they're both basically harmless and not bad guys once you get to know them.

And don't worry about the door. It's always open to new members. So come on in and join us either on the deck outback, the rec room, or in the kitchen if you haven't had lunch or would like a snack. Then I'll be happy to show you the rest of the place.

Welcome to Hatrack .

[This message has been edited by Crystal Stevens (edited December 09, 2008).]

Posts: 1320 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
honu
Member # 8277

- posted      Profile for honu   Email honu         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
herzliche willkommen and aloha from Hawaii!!
Posts: 686 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tempest
Member # 8242

- posted      Profile for tempest   Email tempest         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Hatrack missjack!

What a great name! I'm from a small town in South Carolina, and whatever you think about that, well, keep it to yourself.

Hatrack is a fun place to learn and grow. Come on in and mingle.

Enjoy.

tempest

Posts: 171 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.