Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Hello!

Author Topic: Hello!
tealeaf412
Member # 8459

- posted      Profile for tealeaf412   Email tealeaf412         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone! Just a quick intro...

My name is Kelsey Wiseheart. I'm a college senior majoring in Computer Science and minoring in English Writing. Even though I'm what some people call a "technical person," I have always loved reading and writing and am interested in developing my skills in a more serious context. I usually write short fiction but am not opposed to trying a novel someday.

I'm very excited to become a part of this community. See you around!

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joseph Forrest
Member # 8460

- posted      Profile for Joseph Forrest   Email Joseph Forrest         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Kelsey! I decided to be pretentious and make my first post a hello to a fellow newbie. So hey and have fun.
Posts: 41 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crystal Stevens
Member # 8006

- posted      Profile for Crystal Stevens   Email Crystal Stevens         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello there! Please come on in and make yourself at home. Sounds like you'll need a place to study as well as do some serious writing. One thing we have in our magical treehouse are suites for every single member. Yours is upstair waiting for you with plenty of room for studying. Feel free to browse in our library. Much like the kitchen's fridge, our library can produce about any resource you might need for research or study or you can ask advice from any of us members.

If you feel the need to take a break there's the whirlpool bath(in the bathroom, natch ), the hot tub on the deck out back, plenty of anything you wish to munch on or drink in the kitchen, and the rec room with the huge(and I mean HUGE) big screen TV. There's also the space station through that door over there, and the newest addition: That door there was just put in recently and goes to our undersea observatory.

Enjoy!

Welcome to Hatrack .

Posts: 1320 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, each suite has its own whirlpool in the suite's private bathroom.
Posts: 8278 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crystal Stevens
Member # 8006

- posted      Profile for Crystal Stevens   Email Crystal Stevens         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, when did that happen? You're sneaky Kathleen, and here I thought I could trust you . I'll have to check out my suite on that one .
Posts: 1320 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
honu
Member # 8277

- posted      Profile for honu   Email honu         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome and aloha from Hawaii!!
Posts: 686 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick James
Member # 7847

- posted      Profile for Patrick James   Email Patrick James         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome.

P.S. Kathleen is sneaky. One minute you're in a treehouse, next its a space station...

Posts: 599 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspirit
Member # 7974

- posted      Profile for aspirit   Email aspirit         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, Kelsey!

Do you think we need a koi pond?

Posts: 1137 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean the koi pond over there? You have to look out from the deck on the side away from the river. I'm thinking it would be nice to have a wooden walkway across the middle, so people can get closer and feed the fish. It's so big, that's hard to do from the shore. (And you know why it's so big? The bigger the pond, the bigger the fish get to be. And I think salmon-sized koi are way cool.)
Posts: 8278 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Merlion-Emrys   Email Merlion-Emrys         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh so it was you, O Mistress, that put in the koi pond.

I might have known.

Anyway...greetings! Have some pancakes!

Posts: 2626 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

- posted      Profile for Bent Tree   Email Bent Tree         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome to paradise.

quote:
You know, each suite has its own whirlpool in the suite's private bathroom.

You should come to the Florida branch. Our 'restrooms' are built into our spacesuits, but we do have shuttles into orbit leaving the lobby ever hour on the hour, and the view of earth is lovely this time of year from up there.

Posts: 1860 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.