Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » New to the forums!

Author Topic: New to the forums!
Omega
Member # 8502

- posted      Profile for Omega   Email Omega         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, all! I just wanted to say hi to everyone and introduce myself a bit.

My name is Jason and I've been writing since I was 12. I used to write mostly fantasy but I've recently voyaged into the realm of Sci-fi and have had my first real potential break through with something I think is really good.

So, I figured I'd join here in hopes of making my writing that much better. I'll be posting my 13 lines shortly and hope that you all read, enjoy, and help me grow as a writer.

See you around ;D

Posts: 63 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnMac
Member # 8472

- posted      Profile for JohnMac   Email JohnMac         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good on yah! Glad to have you here. Jump in and make yourself at home. There's supposed to be a pool and bar...and some secret passage to the space station....
Posts: 114 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega
Member # 8502

- posted      Profile for Omega   Email Omega         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh yeah, I'm a quick learner, I found it all pretty quick. Did you guys know about the underground tunnels? Pretty wicked.
Posts: 63 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason! How did you find those? I thought we had them well hidden.
Posts: 8266 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega
Member # 8502

>.>

<.<

uhhhh...I plead the 5th?

on the bright side now we all know they need better hiding.

I have some great ideas too, if you're interested

Crystal Stevens
Member # 8006

- posted      Profile for Crystal Stevens   Email Crystal Stevens         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I guess I don't have to explain our magical treehouse to you then. What a time saver, and I'm a bit short on it, today. Lot's to do in the real world I'm afraid. So, I guess I'll say my usual and be on my way.

Tunnels under the treehouse? Kathleen, what have you been hiding from us?

Welcome to Hatrack .

Posts: 1320 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick James
Member # 7847

- posted      Profile for Patrick James   Email Patrick James         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha! You may have found our secret tunnels but you'll never find me!

Oh, crap...

Posts: 599 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watch out down there! Those tunnels are hidden for a reason. That's where we keep all the monsters and dangerous aliens!
Posts: 4211 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega
Member # 8502

You mean these guys?

*pets horrible monsters*

they're really nice! I named this one charlie.

melme54
Member # 8482

- posted      Profile for melme54   Email melme54         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
:: pets charlie ::

Why do I suddenly feel the urge to take over and/or destroy the world?

:: looks at goo on hand ::
:: wipes hand on pants ::

There, that's better. Gotta watch out for that monster goo.
Welcome!

[This message has been edited by melme54 (edited February 25, 2009).]

Posts: 56 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnMac
Member # 8472

- posted      Profile for JohnMac   Email JohnMac         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
underground tunnels? HEY! show me! show me.....

Nah, nevermind I'll just not show anyone the secret passage to the secret attic with it's own computer loading with the best word processing software and games...

Posts: 114 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dreadlord
Member # 2913

- posted      Profile for dreadlord   Email dreadlord         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh, THATS what the out of date computer was for...

I replaced it with a fridge. go soda!

wait a minute... THATS GEORGE! or fred... I can never tell the two appart...

Posts: 240 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 8266 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

- posted      Profile for Bent Tree   Email Bent Tree         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I swear every time I come home you kids are getting into trouble. First it was the nullo food fight now you are in the tunnels with my precious beasties. I need to hire a better sitter.
Posts: 1860 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.