Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Testing: one, two, three...

Author Topic: Testing: one, two, three...
MoniqueR
Member # 8503

- posted      Profile for MoniqueR           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, everyone!

Crystal looked busy, so I gave myself the tour – docked my ship at the port, tossed a couple of my monsters into the secret underground tunnels, and stocked the fridge up with Dr. Pepper. I brought brownies, too, but you’d better move quick; I think the overgrown plant in the corner is eyeing them hungrily.

So: welcome to my mid-life crisis, she said. I’ve been writing for many years, and recently decided to start taking it more seriously. One of my goals was to find a good online writing group, and I was delighted to stumble across Hatrack. You all seem to be my brand of crazy, but I won’t really know that for certain until you start talking to yourselves…

The genre lines have blurred a little since I was young, but I prefer writing my battles with swords and werewolves as opposed to ray guns and explorers. I also have a fondness for writing what is now referred to as ‘erotic supernatural romance’, but I won’t post anything here that’s more explicit than PG-13.

That’s the intro. I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Monique

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Denem
Member # 8434

- posted      Profile for Denem   Email Denem         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd say come on in, but it looks like you've done that. Grab one of those Dr. Peppers and join us on the back deck, it's quite a view. You might be interested in the koi pond and the space station as well. Careful though, some of those koi are the tricky sort.
Posts: 128 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega
Member # 8502

- posted      Profile for Omega   Email Omega         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome! :O

I'm pretty new myself, although if you learned up on the tunnel I'm sure you knew that ;D I hope you enjoy hatrack, I'm sure you will. And-and if you see Charlie...tell him to come home...I miss him...so much ;-;

Posts: 63 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
satate
Member # 8082

- posted      Profile for satate   Email satate         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, glad to have you. I think you'll fit in here nicely.
Posts: 962 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JohnMac
Member # 8472

- posted      Profile for JohnMac   Email JohnMac         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome aboard!

OMG! Everyone look she's tempting us to the dark side with Brownies! (Are they the edible ones or the little elfin ones? Either are fine for me - the latter deep fried in beer batter.)

Thanks for the monsters. I have some company in the tunnels at last. The troll has a really cool story to tell about a goat, a pig, and a cow - but I think something gets lost in translation.

Welcome, welcome again! Glad to see more for our motley crew!

-John

Posts: 114 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

- posted      Profile for Bent Tree   Email Bent Tree         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the cool people drink DR. Pepper.

Welcome. I'm cool too

Posts: 1860 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joseph Forrest
Member # 8460

- posted      Profile for Joseph Forrest   Email Joseph Forrest         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the River. Keep your head above water.
Posts: 41 | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspirit
Member # 7974

- posted      Profile for aspirit   Email aspirit         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She wants us to talk to ourselves? Yes, aspirit, I think she does. Okay, then.

Welcome to Hatrack!

Posts: 1137 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TLBailey
Member # 8499

- posted      Profile for TLBailey   Email TLBailey         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me, I never talk to myself. Yes I do. I do? news to me, but hey, the brownies were great, and it wasn't me that ate them all, *hides incriminating chocolate covered fingers behind back * honest.

This place is huge, I met a guy here that has a suite in Hawaii. Boy am I green eyed.

Welcome!!!

TL

Posts: 72 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
honu
Member # 8277

- posted      Profile for honu   Email honu         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome and aloha from Hawaii!!
Posts: 686 | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
melme54
Member # 8482

- posted      Profile for melme54   Email melme54         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, welcome!

Just so everyone knows, I've given the telepathic spiders a genetic makeover and they now resemble pink and purple tribbles. (If you see a blue one, she's mine... Her name is Susie) Fluffy!

[This message has been edited by melme54 (edited March 06, 2009).]

Posts: 56 | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crystal Stevens
Member # 8006

- posted      Profile for Crystal Stevens   Email Crystal Stevens         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's so good to see the treehouse up ahead of me. I look down at my exhausted body and try to pull my sweat stained T-shirt back into place where it belongs and brush the grit off my faded jeans. I can't believe that I've made it back home after everything that's happened. I stumble to the bottom of the tree and find I don't have enough energy left to activate the levitation elevator. Surely, someone will notice and help me make it the rest of the way home.
Posts: 1320 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Merlion-Emrys   Email Merlion-Emrys         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a little late but, Greetings! Have a nice vanilla malted milkshake!
Posts: 2626 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.