Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Hello World!

Author Topic: Hello World!
mdybyu
Member # 7909

- posted      Profile for mdybyu   Email mdybyu         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am new to the forum, but just getting my writing career off the ground! I have a novel, "Inside the Box" which is coming out in May 2010 through Cedar Fort. I write novels and short stories in my spare time and live in Utah with my wife and son Jarem.
In addition to writing, I enjoy everything German (I speak it fluently) and everything music. I play the piano and in a handbell choir in Salt Lake City.

Posts: 12 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lbdavid98
Member # 8789

- posted      Profile for lbdavid98   Email lbdavid98         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome and congratulations! I feel very humbled to be participating in a community with so many writers of fiction who are really producing. Sounds like your spare time is pretty full with writing, family and a bell choir, and everything else
Posts: 29 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crystal Stevens
Member # 8006

- posted      Profile for Crystal Stevens   Email Crystal Stevens         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'd get along well with my sister. She's traveled in Europe and been to Germany... but her heart belongs in Russia. She speaks the language and has been there twice. One room of her home is devoted to her Russian travels.

I do have some breathing space to show you around the magical treehouse. I just stopped in to see how everything is holding up during my vacation. I've been having a great time, too. So, please come on in and make yourself at home.

I'm thinking about getting dinner ready. So what's your pleasure? Just picture your choice in your mind, open up our magical fridge in the kitchen, and enjoy. It'll be there ready and waiting. Then maybe we can sit out on the deck and get to know each other. I can use all the help I can get on polishing up my writing and getting it published. Glad to have someone already with experience in that regard.

Welcome to Hatrack .

Posts: 1299 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspirit
Member # 7974

- posted      Profile for aspirit   Email aspirit         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, mdybyu! I hope you remind us of Inside the Box closer to its release. Congratulations on the sale!
Posts: 1130 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debraj
Member # 8791

- posted      Profile for debraj   Email debraj         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to add my congratulations on your book sale.
Posts: 10 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.