Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Hello from Florida, USA

Author Topic: Hello from Florida, USA
MattJ
Member # 9442

- posted      Profile for MattJ           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone. I'm currently living and writing in NW FL. I've been writing for a while but I've dedicated myself to getting published this year.

Matt

Posts: 5 | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tripper
Member # 9485

- posted      Profile for tripper   Email tripper         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, Matt!
Posts: 35 | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the treehouse.
Posts: 3680 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brendan
Member # 6044

- posted      Profile for Brendan   Email Brendan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Matt. I critted your first piece on F&F, so I thought that I'd also better come and say welcome. So,

Welcome.

Posts: 757 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EVOC
Member # 9381

- posted      Profile for EVOC   Email EVOC         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome
Posts: 715 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello there Matt.

Welcome to the strangest, most magical, wondrous, educational, treehouse around. On top of that its friendly...well except for that unicorn, she cane be mean.

If I haven't critted your 13 lines I'm going to have to.

Posts: 4661 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grayson Morris
Member # 9285

- posted      Profile for Grayson Morris           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, Matt!
Posts: 381 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ostarahollyoak
Member # 9479

- posted      Profile for ostarahollyoak   Email ostarahollyoak         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Matt, from another newcomer. Welcome!

-Ostara Hollyoak

Posts: 9 | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josephine Kait
Member # 8157

- posted      Profile for Josephine Kait   Email Josephine Kait         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, my! I almost let a newbie slip by without a greeting.

Welcome to the Hatrack Treehouse!

Please feel free to explore. It has been lovingly crafted by many who have come before, but being a magical treehouse, you never know what you’ll discover around the corner!

Welcome, welcome,

-Lady Tiger

Posts: 405 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mc1ate1mad1cow
Member # 9478

- posted      Profile for mc1ate1mad1cow   Email mc1ate1mad1cow         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Master Matt, before I even begin to welcome you I should warn you that many of the members here are ghosts who've somehow managed to access a computer. Notably, Josephine Kait stands out as one even though I'm sure there are many more.
They'll try to delude you into believing that there is an unicorn at large within this large tree-house. Sometimes I wonder how ghosts can be so naive.(unicorns, really? Where do you think you live, in the inner compartment of David Copperfield's closet?)

Now that you have been warned, welcome boy!

Posts: 29 | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josephine Kait
Member # 8157

- posted      Profile for Josephine Kait   Email Josephine Kait         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What?!?

Sorry ‘ol boy, for Ranjit’s deliberately devilish deception. I’m still a fully corporeal Corporal from Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children (inactive), upon change in such status I will be reassigned to guarding heaven’s streets, not lurking about a virtual treehouse no matter how magical or mystical.

<takes Ranjit by the ear> Now let’s have no more making up stories about people… er, wait…

[This message has been edited by Josephine Kait (edited April 14, 2011).]

Posts: 405 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mc1ate1mad1cow
Member # 9478

- posted      Profile for mc1ate1mad1cow   Email mc1ate1mad1cow         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahaha!
Posts: 29 | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will add my What???!!! also with what mc1 originally said.

Ghosts here abouts??? I mean just because he hasn't met up with said unicorn is no reason to doubt her. Maybe I'm just going to have to make sure mc1 meets her, that should be enough punishment for that comment.

And two questions for him. Haven't you ever heard of the Ghost in the system? There's the god in the machine (Deus ex machina) which these days can mean ghosts in the system?

And David Copperfield has unicorns?? I knew he had a thing about elephants and certain large statues but unicorns?

[This message has been edited by LDWriter2 (edited April 15, 2011).]

Posts: 4661 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mc1ate1mad1cow
Member # 9478

There's no relation! It was supposed to be funny since ghosts and unicorns are so far removed from David Copperfield.
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

That's fine, I was trying to be sort of humorous back with the elephant line but oh well.

But someone had unicorns. I know the circus has one or two a few years ago and even though I hate to say it I sort of recall Michael Jackson having one or some. At..at ...umm whatever his ranch was called....Never never?

The circus unicorns were rather smallish as in two feet high or so.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.