Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Good Morning Hatrack

Author Topic: Good Morning Hatrack
Crane
Member # 9586

- posted      Profile for Crane   Email Crane         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello World,

I'm Crane. I'm here to learn to write better. I'm so impressed with the work that I've read so far on this BB and the supportive atmosphere. I'm trying not to be intimidated by you-all's excellent work, but pleased to be among folks who've got so much to offer. I feel my strong points are characters and premises (although both could be stronger) and my weak point is developing a plot that moves along and gets somewhere. I am easily distracted by descriptions and developing settings and characters, and I spend more time pondering possibilities and scribbling than making readable paragraphs. Bad habits, I've got a few.

I work offshore as a geologist, which means that I have a lot of time off. I've not had a regular address in several years, so I've not gotten into a regular routine. I think a regular routine would help me focus. I'm working on getting myself a place to live and trying to sit still during my time off so that I can get some serious work done (writing).

Anyhow, I'm pleased to be here and I look forward to being a part of this community and getting to know you all.

Posts: 99 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the treehouse.
Posts: 4405 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Yeatts
Member # 9500

- posted      Profile for A Yeatts   Email A Yeatts         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to have you!
Anna

Posts: 207 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be welcome.

But with that greeting this here place is better than a certain Asian country.

You're right there are some excellent writers and commenters here even not all of us are, but it's still a good place to learn

Just be careful while exploring, there are hidden doors, armored marines, a young female mage with bright red, short hair with white in the middle, who always seems to be upset and a unicorn that likes to explore. She can be mean.

Posts: 5240 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crane
Member # 9586

- posted      Profile for Crane   Email Crane         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had no idea that unicorns could climb trees. I'm learning things all ready. Thanks for the welcome!
Posts: 99 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KathiS
Member # 9542

- posted      Profile for KathiS   Email KathiS         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, Crane.

You have to be careful around here. I've come to realize it's like Snoopy's doghouse ... much more than meets the eye. But in a good way!

Enjoy.

kls

Posts: 65 | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
axeminister
Member # 8991

- posted      Profile for axeminister   Email axeminister         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Crane,

I kame hear too lern to right gooder two.

I think it's working.

On a more serious note, you ever do any programming? I find the words "hello world" to be the first thing we learn to program... in just about any language.

Axe

Posts: 1543 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crane
Member # 9586

Axe,

I'm a lousy programmer, but I do know 'Hello World.' in several languages.

axeminister
Member # 8991

- posted      Profile for axeminister   Email axeminister         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aah, but do you know it in the original Klingon?

Axe

Posts: 1543 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crane
Member # 9586

I had to google it. TlhaQ ghoD!
MDBHarlan
Member # 9557

- posted      Profile for MDBHarlan   Email MDBHarlan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
off shore? as in oil drilling etc. should we look to you if the world is going to be hit by an astroid?

Welcome.

Posts: 55 | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crane
Member # 9586

Not a rig, but a ship. If the world gets hit by an asteroid, you can blame me if it makes you feel better, but to be honest I think you may have overestimated my powers, somewhat. *admits nothing*
MDBHarlan
Member # 9557

- posted      Profile for MDBHarlan   Email MDBHarlan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
actually, it wasn't blame but saving I was thinking about...like in the movie Armageddon.
Posts: 55 | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.