Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Diving into a new learning environment, head-first

Author Topic: Diving into a new learning environment, head-first
Iji Ham
Member # 9648

- posted      Profile for Iji Ham   Email Iji Ham         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,

I go by Ham, and I've always considered myself a student foremost and a teacher second in anything I do. I do many things that incorporate learning, and then teaching what I learned. Which is one of the reasons why I'm here. I want to improve my writing as much as I can. I want to be able to teach what I learn to others here, or elsewhere so that I'm always perpetuating the idea of progression.

I've started brainstorming a particular story about being human. I want to share that here, first with my 13 lines, and hopefully later the entire story to whoever's interested. I look forward to be critiqued, and challenged. I thrive on that environment as I see it as an opportunity to improve rather a personal attack on my craft. I hope I can provide good constructive insight into anyone else's writing.

Cheers,
Ham

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
axeminister
Member # 8991

- posted      Profile for axeminister   Email axeminister         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Challenge is good!

Welcome a-board.

Axe

Posts: 1473 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the treehouse.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Indeed welcome.

This is a nice place to learn and you should be able to express what you learn too. As it sounds like you're doing already. This place has a good record of its students publishing. And those that aren't are learning and a very high percentage will publish so you're in good hands.

However as you explore the treehouse be careful, there's a unicorn in these parts and she can be mean.

Posts: 4891 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RyanRussellLunde
Member # 9649

- posted      Profile for RyanRussellLunde   Email RyanRussellLunde         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome
I am also a new member. I look forward to reading your stories and critiques.

Posts: 59 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Iji Ham
Member # 9648

- posted      Profile for Iji Ham   Email Iji Ham         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

[This message has been edited by Iji Ham (edited September 22, 2011).]

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anarresti
Member # 9614

- posted      Profile for anarresti   Email anarresti         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome!
Posts: 109 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.