Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Hello - Hello?

Author Topic: Hello - Hello?
Lloyd Tackitt
Member # 9714

- posted      Profile for Lloyd Tackitt   Email Lloyd Tackitt         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello? Anyone out there? Is that an echo? I feel like I am in a huge empty room, talking to myself. I never have been comfortable in huge empty rooms that echo. Did my shadow just move without me? This is getting stranger by the minute. Anyone there? Any one?

I probably need to take my medications...

Posts: 64 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the treehouse.
Posts: 3900 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treamayne
Member # 9700

- posted      Profile for Treamayne           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome. Good food, friends and conversatin (even if you talk to your own echo). What more could you ask for?
Posts: 61 | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed, welcome... welcome... welcome.

We are here even though mayhaps a bit busy but not too busy to say hi.

Has already been stated we are a friendly group and I assume most of us don't mind someone who can talk to their echo. (Make an interesting story there) Or even to themselves. As someone at work says it's not so bad to talk to yourself, the bad thing is losing an argument with yourself. I add unless it's a temptation and you're trying to talk yourself into doing it.

But that room has me wondering, maybe you're in the central trunk area, it has a very high ceiling. But in either case be careful around the unicorn, she can be mean.

Posts: 4847 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lloyd Tackitt
Member # 9714

- posted      Profile for Lloyd Tackitt   Email Lloyd Tackitt         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the welcome! I am OK with talking to myself, even answering and losing the argument now and then - it's when my food talks to me that I worry a little. Food really should be quiet or it disturbs the meal.

I keep hearing about this unicorn. If I see one should I double my meds or run for cover?

[ December 23, 2011, 07:52 AM: Message edited by: Lloyd Tackitt ]

Posts: 64 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anarresti
Member # 9614

- posted      Profile for anarresti   Email anarresti         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome!
Posts: 109 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Thank you for the welcome! I am OK with talking to myself, even answering and losing the argument now and then - it's when my food talks to me that I worry a little. Food really should be quiet or it disturbs the meal.

Well, if this was the Muppets talking food would be normal. And if it was Star Trek Klingons like certain foods alive and probably growling.

quote:

I keep hearing about this unicorn. If I see one should I double my meds or run for cover?

Depends on where you are. In you house take your meds now.... At the mall, take your meds and run. In the treehouse just run. You can see all kinds of people there including marines in space armor, a young woman with very short hair with a white stripe down the center, dressed like a combo Goth and rav dancer. Watch out if she starts moving her hands and/or speaking latin though. She has special abilities. You can find out a little more about her on the New Mage thread on the fragments of novels area.
Posts: 4847 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leslie
Member # 9702

- posted      Profile for Leslie   Email Leslie         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Lloyd!!!
Posts: 14 | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MartinV
Member # 5512

- posted      Profile for MartinV   Email MartinV         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ten four, I read you. Go ahead, Lloyd Tackitt, you're coming through loud and clear.
Posts: 1271 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lloyd Tackitt
Member # 9714

Thank you everyone!
LeetahWest
Member # 9402

- posted      Profile for LeetahWest   Email LeetahWest         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Insanity, aka the Treehouse!
Posts: 108 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.