Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Hello

Author Topic: Hello
Craley
Member # 9752

- posted      Profile for Craley   Email Craley         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there everyone,

I am 27 years old, living in Cape Town. I have an honours degree in history (if you need help with the past, I will try my best), and spent half my twenties travelling. I have been writing for years but not moving forward at all, you know how easy it is to be trapped in the never ending position of world creation/new stories...so I am now at the point with lots of material and not much to show for it in actual coherent writing! I have finished my first short story and submitted it, then I found you guys (probably would have been better if I had done so before), so now I am here to learn and help others in turn.

I look forward to reading all of your work and submitting my own.

Posts: 11 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MartinV
Member # 5512

- posted      Profile for MartinV   Email MartinV         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cape Town. Lucky bastard with your southern summer. [Wink]

Welcome, Craley. You'll like it here. Hope you're not afraid of heights.

Posts: 1266 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the treehouse.
Posts: 3675 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redux
Member # 9277

- posted      Profile for redux   Email redux         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome!
Posts: 518 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Merlion-Emrys   Email Merlion-Emrys         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings. Have a lovely strawberry tart.

Good on you for submitting. Some people never get far enough past the fears to do that, but it's a very important part of the process.

Posts: 2598 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GreatNovus
Member # 9671

- posted      Profile for GreatNovus   Email GreatNovus         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you're way ahead of me atleast. Read your short story's 1st 13 and you show talent. Welcome to the treehouse!
Posts: 91 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.