Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Jumping onto the Bandwagon finally!

Author Topic: Jumping onto the Bandwagon finally!
xenomaniac
Member # 9790

- posted      Profile for xenomaniac   Email xenomaniac         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Everybody,

Glad am finally part of a workshop group where I can discuss/critique/get feedback on my writings. A big shout-out to the Hatrack River Writers workshop! So here's the short bio about me:

* Avid reader, mainly hooked into the speculative fiction genre ( anything counts, though leaning a lot towards Epic Fantasy !! the sheer imagination that spans these & not to deny the enormous talent thats surfacing these days!)

(Oh if it earns me anything brown, i loved the Ender series; have read until Speaker For Dead btw !)

* Blogger ( check out my book blog at http://fantasy-smorgasbord.blogspot.com )

* Struggling writer - ( hello, and that's why am here:D ) - started on the Novel idea - finished close to 180K words on it - Epic Fantasy ( naturally!) - a mix of western and adventure fiction. still working on closing loose ends.
Lately realized Short stories were a better way to hit the market before I go after the big fishes - have penned down 2 heroic fantasy shorts ( 10-12K ) Pitching them here on the feedback section - so feel free to tuck in and shred me apart.

* Alive on the net most times - here's my twitter handle. @xenosach

And Oh yes, addicted to good music - new age alternative rock but mostly anything good counts!

Happy to make all your acquaintances; am assuming will see more of you as I head into the other topics! Look forward to a great fruitful partnership here!

Cheerio - good luck with your writings!

Warm Regards
Xenomaniac.

Posts: 7 | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to you.

You've come to a a good place to learn about the craft of writing, some here know a little on that subject and don't mind sharing. Whether it's short story heroic fantasy or longer huge epic fantasies. Or general SF or SP or UF or even steampunk. Not too sure about cyberpunk though.

Anyway, as you explore the Treehouse watch out for those who offer food,-remember never eat or drink anything in Fairy

[Smile]

And be careful of griffins and wicked eyed white dragons.

Posts: 4846 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the treehouse.
Posts: 3899 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Yeatts
Member # 9500

- posted      Profile for A Yeatts   Email A Yeatts         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome!
Anna
[Smile]

Posts: 205 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xenomaniac
Member # 9790

- posted      Profile for xenomaniac   Email xenomaniac         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you fellas [Smile]

@LDWriter2 - Will definitely keep my eyes open! Anyways momma told me not to accept food from strangers [Razz] especially Fairies !!

Posts: 7 | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xenomaniac:
Anyways momma told me not to accept food from strangers [Razz] especially Fairies !!

All the food here is virtual, so it has no calories, it has whatever flavor you like, and there are no limits on how much you can have.

Any effect it may have on you if you consume it is strictly in your imagination.

Posts: 7995 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josephine Kait
Member # 8157

- posted      Profile for Josephine Kait   Email Josephine Kait         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome xeno, to the Hatrack Treehouse!

The good folks here often offer newcomers virtual snacks, and I’ve never heard of anyone having any ill effects. Although people do tend to stick around… hmm…

In any case there is also a lovely unicorn who likes to wander the place, though she doesn’t seem to like LD very much, must be all the years of libel. [Wink] And she can be a bit prickly at times, though she’s the one you want on your side if you happen across that griffin! So have fun exploring, and by all means let us know if you find any new rooms!

--Lady Tiger

Posts: 405 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Merlion-Emrys   Email Merlion-Emrys         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings. Have a lovely maple-frosted cinnamon roll.

Yes, I am the food Fairy. But don't worry, even if you eat, you can still leave.

Posts: 2626 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh just remembered We had a local group called Speaker for the dead. The lead singer died from brain cancer so I don't know if they are still together but they were on the way up.

Could be their music is online somewhere.

Posts: 4846 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LDWriter2: iTunes has eleven songs by Speaker for the Dead.
Posts: 8229 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xenomaniac
Member # 9790

Glad to make all your lovely acquaintances [Smile]
Merlion-Emrys : Loved the roll, danke.

* On the lookout for those griffins and dragons *
* Prowling the rooms within the Treehouse *

Just posted something on the feedback/frags section - so kindly join the meal and tuck in!!

Xenomaniac.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.