Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Hello

Author Topic: Hello
LynnO
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for LynnO   Email LynnO         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!

My name is Lynn O'Dell.

My favorite genres to read are mystery and horror.

As an editor, I like almost all genres. [Smile]

I live in North Carolina with my fiance, Chuck, and dog, Louie. My twenty-three-year-old son lives less than a mile away, so I get to keep an eye on him, too. [Wink]

I am the owner of Red Adept Publishing

Posts: 4 | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the treehouse.
Posts: 3662 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LynnO
Member # 9789

- posted      Profile for LynnO   Email LynnO         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to "track" posts and favorite threads, i.e. to receive e-mails for new replies?

Posts: 4 | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C@R3Y
Member # 9669

- posted      Profile for C@R3Y   Email C@R3Y         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, LynnO. What part of NC? I am around the Jacksonville/Hubert area if you know where that is.

Also, Horror and the Supernatural are my favorite genres too, if you can call Supernatural a genre (more like a subgenre, I guess).

Good to have you. x]

Posts: 193 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LynnO:
Thank you.

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to "track" posts and favorite threads, i.e. to receive e-mails for new replies?

LynnO, so far as I know, there isn't a "feed" like that for this forum.
Posts: 7804 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josephine Kait
Member # 8157

- posted      Profile for Josephine Kait   Email Josephine Kait         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome LynnO to the glorious Hatrack Treehouse! Please explore, and enjoy!

--Lady Tiger

Posts: 405 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yo, welcome indeed.

You've come to the right place to learn about the craft of writing even if you do write Mysterious and Horror. [Smile]

Actually I think there are a couple of other horror writers here, maybe one or two mystery writers too. But in either case there is good stuff here for writing in general.

As a Red Adept I won't have to warn you of the unicorn or griffin or wickeder eyed dragon.

But there are a couple of of Red Adepts running around. Do you come from a parallel world where magic works? Notice I didn't say parallel Earth. Where one Adept plays the harmonica?

Posts: 4629 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion-Emrys
Member # 7912

- posted      Profile for Merlion-Emrys   Email Merlion-Emrys         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings. Have a lovely strawberry filled puff pastry bite thingy.

Another fellow horror enthusiast. I begin to feel less alone.

I hoped the recent forum update would include thread subscription functionality of some kind but alas...

Posts: 2561 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.