Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Hello again. It's been a while.

Author Topic: Hello again. It's been a while.
MaryRobinette
Member # 1680

- posted      Profile for MaryRobinette   Email MaryRobinette         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been away long enough that I figure I should probably reintroduce myself. My name is Mary Robinette Kowal. I attended OSC's Bootcamp in 2005. In 2008, I won the Campbell Award for Best New Writer. Last year, I won the Hugo for Short Story (squee!) and I'm the SFWA Vice President.

Oh. And I'm a professional puppeteer.

Posts: 2022 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. Welcome back to the treehouse.
Posts: 3940 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I second the wow.

And not to mention having a couple of novels published.

I think you would be able to teach us a thing or three about writing...if you have the time. I hear puppeteering is time consuming...not to mention being VP of SFWA.

However if you try to check out the changes in the treehouse do be careful if you see a new unicorn, she can be mean.

Posts: 4895 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, welcome! It's lovely to see you again (and I enjoyed seeing you at Wellers as well).

I hope you're getting settled in your new home, and finding time to sit back and relax a bit.

Posts: 8030 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not much, how 'bout you?
Posts: 8282 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MartinV
Member # 5512

- posted      Profile for MartinV   Email MartinV         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm honored to be in your presence.
Posts: 1271 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniferHicks
Member # 8201

- posted      Profile for JenniferHicks   Email JenniferHicks         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back! It was fantastic to meet you in Denver, and I hope the move to Chicago went well.
Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Osiris
Member # 9196

- posted      Profile for Osiris   Email Osiris         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, Mary. I very much enjoyed your listening to you advice on Writing Excuses.
Posts: 1023 | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Yeatts
Member # 9500

- posted      Profile for A Yeatts   Email A Yeatts         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Mary! How fun to see you back at Hatrack. Thanks for being such an inspiration to all of us aspiring writers!

Anna

Posts: 207 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MAP
Member # 8631

- posted      Profile for MAP           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ummm, aren't you the author of Shades of Milk and Honey?

I'll do my best to restrain my inner fan girl every time you post. [Smile]

Oh and welcome of course.

Posts: 1081 | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
easterabbit
Member # 9810

- posted      Profile for easterabbit           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aren't you really your brother? [Wink]
Posts: 54 | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Mary.

Don't listen to any of these guys. They'll steer you wrong. You can trust me. I have an editor in my back pocket. I can get your next story published - and get this - she'll pay you for it. Nope. Not kidding at all. 1/10 a cent per word (up to five bucks).

Yep. You got to know which people to butter up too. I got ya back.

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hoptoad
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for hoptoad   Email hoptoad         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey MaryRobinette, fellow old-timer here just coming back to the boards. We will have to ressurrect the hatrack utility belt.
Posts: 1678 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wetwilly
Member # 1818

- posted      Profile for wetwilly   Email wetwilly         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mary. Nice to "see" you again.
Posts: 1232 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wise
Member # 9779

- posted      Profile for wise   Email wise         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome! What I'd like to know is, how DOES one get in the Boot Camp? I was rejected this year and I need some insider tips! [Smile]
In the meantime, I'm working on my craft (that's my story, anyway, and I'm stickin' to it!).

Posts: 95 | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elan
Member # 2442

- posted      Profile for Elan           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Mary Robinette! Greetings from the Columbia Gorge. I haven't checked in myself for a long time, and am surprised to see you here. I met your buddy Ken Scholes a couple of years ago and told him I knew you, in an on-line sort of way. He said he was very grateful for the help you and Aliette give him. I'm always pleased to hear of your continuing success.
Posts: 2025 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JoBird
Member # 9883

- posted      Profile for JoBird   Email JoBird         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love you on Writing Excuses.
Posts: 94 | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.