Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Insert Clever Comment Here

Author Topic: Insert Clever Comment Here
Steve Long
Member # 9870

- posted      Profile for Steve Long   Email Steve Long         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howdy folx! As you can probably guess from my board handle, I'm Steve Long. I found my way here as a graduate of the 2012 Boot Camp.

While I am new to writing fiction, I'm not entirely new to writing. I've worked as a writer/designer of tabletop roleplaying games for the past 20 years, and have written over 150 books during that time. I've done original RPGs, licensed RPGs based on major IPs, and RPG supplements of every variety. If it's a geek- or genre fiction-related subjects, the odds are I've covered it somewhere along the line. [Wink] If any of you out there are also RPG writers or aspiring RPG writers, I'd be happy to discuss the ins and outs of that side of the writing biz.

Beyond that, let's see. I live in Greensboro, NC (which made it easy to attend the Boot Camp [Wink] ). I am single, but I do have a cat. [Wink] I collect antique maps and travel guides from the 1920s and '30s, I do a little origami, I have an awesome home theater I built last year, and I am slowly but surely implementing my Master Plan for world domination. [Wink]

Lookin' forward to talking with the rest of you here!

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you a pirate, Steve? Or is it just a stigma? Sorry to pry, but I couldn't help but to notice how your right eye is always closed.

Welcome aboard. You'll find no shortage of clever comments here.

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shaygirl
Member # 9761

- posted      Profile for Shaygirl   Email Shaygirl         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll insert a clever comment when I am not nearly so tired (or maybe I'll just hire Snapper to do it for me [Big Grin] )

Welcome Long! It's a pleasure to know you! And give my greetings to your cat.

Shay

Posts: 83 | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the treehouse.
Posts: 3933 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Long
Member # 9870

- posted      Profile for Steve Long   Email Steve Long         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
snapper -- I am not a pirate, I just look *damn* good in an eyepatch. [Wink]

Shay -- consider the cat greeted.

And thanx everyone for the welcomes!

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiergan
Member # 7852

- posted      Profile for Tiergan   Email Tiergan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome.
Posts: 1130 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey. I'm way late with my greeting.

As I've said a time or two recently.

Anyway, Good welcome to you Mr. Long

I think there are a couple people here who know something about your type of RPGs and maybe the other type also. [Smile]

In either case there friendly people here who know a thing or three about writing and don't mind sharing--which is good.

However as you explore the Treehouse remember not all beings are friendly, especially that unicorn. She can snarky or down right mean.

Posts: 4891 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Long
Member # 9870

Thanx for the warning! I haven't had much luck with unicorns in the past, so I'll give her a wide berth. [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.