Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Hello

Author Topic: Hello
Rose Red
Member # 9918

- posted      Profile for Rose Red           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Everyone,
I was brought to this site by a friend and I hope to not only give but also get great advice. I love learning and sharing with others.

I am a playwright recently turned author so that I could finally share some of my 'darker' stories that have been plaguing my head for years.
I have written over 30 scripts that have been performed at theaters across the country, so needless to say I am a little scared to step into this new world.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Posts: 8 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the treehouse.
Posts: 3940 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noah Fregger
Member # 9911

- posted      Profile for Noah Fregger   Email Noah Fregger         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, welcome.

Looking forward to the dark side.

Posts: 23 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be welcomed Rose.

As it sounds like you know already this site is a fine place to learn the craft. And some around here like doing dark stories--I've even been known to do one or two--so you will be at home.

However as you explore the Treehouse be careful, you never know what is around a corner in hidden in the treehouse of many rooms.

If you see a unicorn do be extra careful she can be mean.

Posts: 4895 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiergan
Member # 7852

- posted      Profile for Tiergan   Email Tiergan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome
Posts: 1130 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shimiqua
Member # 7760

- posted      Profile for shimiqua   Email shimiqua         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Insert Star Wars handshake here.
Posts: 1193 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MartinV
Member # 5512

- posted      Profile for MartinV   Email MartinV         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooo, this could be interesting. I would be very glad to discuss some more darkish matters of the quill, so to speak.
Posts: 1271 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rose Red
Member # 9918

- posted      Profile for Rose Red           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey I love writing dark matter. In the work I am finishing up now the main character was originally savagely beaten, and the world she enters was very dark and forbidden, lots of creepy sub plot and underhanding. The book is actually a gift for my 93 year old grandfather so I had to cut most of it. Now she simply falls out a window and breaks her back, and there are more 'roses' then there should be, but I am hoping to get back into the darkness it originally had when writing the sequels. (I am not expecting my grandfather to read those lol)
Posts: 8 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MartinV
Member # 5512

- posted      Profile for MartinV   Email MartinV         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for the late reply, I've been unable to have a reasonable computer session.

Well, I'm not sure what stands for being dark but there are definitely scenes in my stories that are not particularly well illuminated. I am fond of exploring uncharted parts of human imagination where most people are afraid to venture. I'm still trying to find my footing so I hope you will be able to give me any pointers.

PS: I was just thinking if my darker stories should be written under another name. Not that I'm afraid of being misunderstood, it's just that the author's name is also a brand name.

Posts: 1271 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Martin, Just in time and/or coincidence [Wink] Dean has a post about pen names. You would need to scroll down a bit to find it.

I believe I have used a different pen name for my new dark story, and will use the same one on my older story if I ever update the writing,

Posts: 4895 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.