Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Introductions

Author Topic: Introductions
MaddCow
Member # 10046

- posted      Profile for MaddCow   Email MaddCow         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings everyone.

I just signed up and thought it would be best for me to introduce myself. I tried thinking of creative ways of doing so only to realize that sometimes in life less is more. That being said, I'm excited to be here.

A little bit about me. I'm 31 years old, happily married to my best friend, and we just had our first kid a month and a half ago. His name is Aiden. He is wonderful. We live in Utah currently where I am helping my younger brother out with his Internet Service Provider business that he started in the middle of last year.

My wife and I are huge gamers. Both board and video variety. We like to spend a lot of time with our friends and catching up over board games that we bring along. I think that table talk tends to be overlooked as a great medium for people to come together for fun and socializing.

I've always loved writing. One of the main reasons why I signed up here is because the community is great. (I've lurked for a bit) I would like to stretch my writing muscles, and hopefully find an outlet for my creativity. I'll keep this relatively short and just say that I look forward to reading more of your stories, hopefully glean a thing or two in the process, and have an avenue with which I can hopefully offer you something in return.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the treehouse.
Posts: 3662 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tesknota
Member # 10041

- posted      Profile for tesknota   Email tesknota         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings MaddCow. Gamer? I like you already.

I hope baby Aiden is always wonderful and doesn't distract you too much from writing and sleeping. One of my favorite authors blogs about taking care of infants and writing, and I have no idea how she does it.

You appear to already be familiar with the Treehouse, so maybe you can shed some light on this unicorn?

Posts: 144 | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumpy old guy
Member # 9922

- posted      Profile for Grumpy old guy   Email Grumpy old guy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome. jump write in, the water's fine. I used to kriegspiel in another life, so I'm familiar with the social chit-chat that occurs between gamers of a particular genre. Talk about excluding outsiders.
[Smile]

Phil.

Posts: 438 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome of great gamer.

This place is good to learn the new-to you-craft or writing. It has some similarities with gaming.

The table talk is why various groups want families to play games together.

As you wonder around the treehouse though do be a might careful, doors lead to other places, strange animals and people wonder around too.

Posts: 4629 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaddCow
Member # 10046

- posted      Profile for MaddCow   Email MaddCow         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to hanging around the treehouse. As for Aiden, he's really mellow and allows me to sleep just fine. (Not that I have the best sleeping habits as is, but he doesn't contribute to anything worst)
Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.