Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Hello :)

Author Topic: Hello :)
Dingo8UrBaby
Member # 9939

- posted      Profile for Dingo8UrBaby   Email Dingo8UrBaby         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am hoping to improve on my craft and share with others the stories that incessantly float around my head.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the treehouse.
Posts: 3936 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumpy old guy
Member # 9922

- posted      Profile for Grumpy old guy   Email Grumpy old guy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome. Jump write in, the water's fine.

Phil.

Posts: 679 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wetwilly
Member # 1818

- posted      Profile for wetwilly   Email wetwilly         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy to have you.
Posts: 1232 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
extrinsic
Member # 8019

- posted      Profile for extrinsic   Email extrinsic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Dingo ate your baby" became, is a proverb. Proverbs tend to track away from their original literal meanings and become idioms. "Cut to the chase," for example, "out of sorts."

"Dingo ate your baby" is a Seinfeld, Elaine, bit gag based on the original Lindy Chamberlain event.

"Dingo ate your baby" might idiomatically reference a reason an infant or other precious item mysteriously disappears.

Anyway, Dingo8UrBaby, welcome to the hats off on the rack of the river.

I'm intrigued that you registered with Hatrack September 2012 and your first post is June 2014. In the intervening years, maybe a dingo mysteriously disappeared your--what, access to creative outlets?

Posts: 3536 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bnlday
Member # 10102

- posted      Profile for bnlday   Email bnlday         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I am also wanting to jump in and starting putting down thoughts rambling around. All of a sudden I find myself with time on my hands that I can finally commit to trying the written word!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.