Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Well hello there

Author Topic: Well hello there
Lamberguesa
Member # 10320

- posted      Profile for Lamberguesa   Email Lamberguesa         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings fine residents of the treehouse, I come in peace! Like others, I heard mention of this particular corner of the web via the Writing Excuses podcast and thought I'd stop on by.

Writing is something I've done/been interested in for most of my life but only recently have I become serious about getting something published and working on making a career out of it.

As for me, I've got one novella in the works (on my 2nd draft) as well as a lot of short story ideas and the workings of a longer series. Currently, I work at a motion capture studio doing animation for video games. It's cool. I'm also into boardgames in a big way. Odd, right?

That's it for now, see y'all out on the branches! Oh, and while I'm here, could you show me the way to the restrooms? I'd have asked that squirrel over there, but he seems a touch...nutty.

Posts: 80 | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the treehouse.
Posts: 4477 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumpy old guy
Member # 9922

- posted      Profile for Grumpy old guy   Email Grumpy old guy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome. The water's fine, so jump write in.

Phil.

Posts: 1605 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lamberguesa
Member # 10320

- posted      Profile for Lamberguesa   Email Lamberguesa         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grumpy: Are you implying that the treehouse has a pool? I do hope there's a rope swing to go with it.
Posts: 80 | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lamberguesa:
Grumpy: Are you implying that the treehouse has a pool? I do hope there's a rope swing to go with it.

I forget all of the things our (completely imaginary) treehouse is equipped with. I seem to recall a library, a magical refrigerator, hot tub, pool, stables, a submarine port and a space station.

Other old timers: What else was there?

Posts: 4477 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just think of all the doors in the treehouse as doors that open to whatever "Room of Necessity" you happen to be needing at the moment.

So, if you need a restroom, open the next door, and there it will be.

If you need the rope swing into the river (that runs past the treehouse tree), open the door and you'll find it hanging by the deck the door opens out onto. (Did that make sense?)

Another door can open onto the weightlessness room, and yet another to the indoor pool (the treehouse is bigger on the inside than it appears to be from the outside).

And if you need your own private writing room, open the door, and there it is!

So have fun exploring, and welcome.

Posts: 8632 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lamberguesa
Member # 10320

Library, refrigerator, submarine, space station? Incredible.
Kathleen, from your desciption this place is like that Hogwart's room, the holodeck, and the Tardis all rolled into one!
Ah, and I seem to have found the water closet, just in the nick of time too [Wink]

Josephine Kait
Member # 8157

- posted      Profile for Josephine Kait   Email Josephine Kait         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the Hatrack Treehouse! [Big Grin]

It really is a wondrous place, have fun exploring! And don't forget to share what you find. [Wink]

-Lady Tiger

Posts: 456 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.