Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Ahoy th Treehouse, permision to come aboard?

Author Topic: Ahoy th Treehouse, permision to come aboard?
Josephine Kait
Member # 8157

- posted      Profile for Josephine Kait   Email Josephine Kait         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been... well way too long, but I finally found my way back. [Smile]

Haven't been writing as much as I would like, other areas of life have sort of taken over.

I have lurked here from time to time, but knew that I didn't have the time to participate as I would like to. Now, I've found a way to slip just a little Treehouse time in between significantly less fun things. [Wink]

So hello to everybody, old friends and new alike.

Posts: 456 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back!
Posts: 4477 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josephine Kait
Member # 8157

- posted      Profile for Josephine Kait   Email Josephine Kait         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Meredith!

I see you are still welcoming newbies to the Treehouse. [Smile] How are your stories coming? Did you get Bard's Gift published yet? It was always my favorite one of yours.

-Lady Tiger

Posts: 456 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I self-pubbed THE BARD'S GIFT almost a year ago. [Smile]

Since then, my Dual Magics series--so far, THE SHAMAN'S CURSE and THE VOICE OF PROPHECY--is doing really well. (As of this morning, THE VOICE OF PROPHECY was #32 on Sword and Sorcery Kindle ebooks and #42 in Epic Fantasy. And THE SHAMAN'S CURSE was clinging to the bottom of the list for Coming of Age Fantasy and Epic Fantasy.) Working on book 3 now--or, at least, I'm supposed to be. [Wink]

Posts: 4477 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josephine Kait
Member # 8157

Meredith, that's wonderful!! Major Congrats!

So I was looking around the Treehouse, reacquainting myself will beloved rooms and features, and I discovered that all of the H.U.B.s are missing! KDW, can you help? How are the Hatrackers to fight the forces of evil, boredom, and really bad writing, without their trusty Hatrack Utility Belts?

Have they been stolen by sinister forces? Lost in the labyrinthine library? Devoured by devilish dragons? Oh no! I've been caught by a pocket of alliterative alloy, if only I had my suspenders of disbelief I think I could pull myself free!

[Razz]

-Lady Tiger

Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, they're around here somewhere. Have to go find them. They'd make great Christmas gifts for all the new people.
Posts: 8632 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, you can find the Hatrack Utility Belt topics in two places: in the Open Discusions about Writing area and in the FAQ area.

They both start out the same, but as people have commented, they may be a little different later on.

Also, I'll add a "bump" comment to bring them to the top of the lists in their respective areas.

Thanks for the reminder, Lady Tiger.

Posts: 8632 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josephine Kait
Member # 8157

[Big Grin]
Lamberguesa
Member # 10320

- posted      Profile for Lamberguesa   Email Lamberguesa         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back Josephine, oh female of the felines!
I myself am one of the newer folk round these parts. It's been a fun being here and getting to know all the cool, talented, witty and all around decent individuals that frequent these grounds.

This Utility Belt interests me greatly. Am I correct to believe that Mary Robinette herself was one of the first to utilize its unfathomable powers?

Posts: 80 | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josephine Kait
Member # 8157

As far as I know, she was. Her adventures of escaping from Dallas, and later adventures in Iceland all occurred prior to my first arrival here. Reading about them was my very first introduction to all things Hatrack, and it has definitely stuck with me. I remember laughing until my sides hurt. Perhaps after the Holidays we can start a brand new adventure that future newbies will find equally entertaining...
Josephine Kait
Member # 8157

BTW, Merry Christmas!!!
Smiley
Member # 9379

- posted      Profile for Smiley   Email Smiley         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And a most happy and prosperous new year to all!
Posts: 195 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TaleSpinner
Member # 5638

- posted      Profile for TaleSpinner   Email TaleSpinner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Josephine Kait:
[..] Perhaps after the Holidays we can start a brand new adventure that future newbies will find equally entertaining...

How might we do that? Despite having hung out at Hatrack for some while I never saw such adventures, maybe I wasn't paying attention ... wouldn't be the first time [Frown]

Curiously
Pat

Posts: 1796 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumpy old guy
Member # 9922

- posted      Profile for Grumpy old guy   Email Grumpy old guy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Imagination is the breeding ground of adventure, TaleSpinner; and all it takes is one far-seer to lead the way to new worlds. Never met you before Josephine Kait, but welcome back(?) and may fair winds guide you on your journey.

Now that the flowery prose is out of the way--who are you? A rhetorical question requiring no answer

Phil.

Posts: 1605 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TaleSpinner
Member # 5638

- posted      Profile for TaleSpinner   Email TaleSpinner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, got that Phil, I was just hoping Josephine might kick the adventure off.
Pat

Posts: 1796 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josephine Kait
Member # 8157

I'd be honored to! Let me ponder just a bit on how and where to begin. [Smile]

As for who I am... Here is a link to my original intro. Unfortunately my life since then has taken a twist that I would never use in a story because it is far too cliché. My now ex, and the 20 year old neighbor chick? Yep, that happened. So, I still love my life, it just has one less person in it...

Actually that isn't even accurate, because I now have far more friends, and the wonderful unsurpassable additions of two nieces and two nephews. So I'm good.

My job for the last 8.5 years is one I love (typically), and naturally still working on the writing thing. [Wink]

So I'm trying to think of anything else you might want to know... ah well, that's probably (more than) enough for now. But I'm an open book <groan>, so I'll answer anything else you might be curious about. [Smile]

Grumpy old guy
Member # 9922

- posted      Profile for Grumpy old guy   Email Grumpy old guy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm, you do like to share, but that's okay. Life's a journey. Sometimes we stumble, sometimes we fall, and sometimes we take the wrong fork in the road for a while. And, just sometimes, something wonderful surprises us as we walk around a bend in that road.

I too have stumbled, fallen, wandered alone and found a surprise or two in my journey. The story of my life is quite unbelievable too; things I've done, things I've seen. And recently I found out I'm special. Believe me, that isn't something you ever want to be. It isn't life threatening, well not now, not since I got past 25 without ending it all some time ago. And, while science and medicine love to explore new discoveries, when there's only about 120 people like me on the planet, there's no money in it. But, discovering my little problem and taking prescribed medication did open the door to writing.

Anywho, welcome once again.

Phil.

Posts: 1605 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

May I suggest that you start any new Hatrack adventures in the Grist for the Mill area?

And please feel free to start said adventure(s).

Lamberguesa
Member # 10320

- posted      Profile for Lamberguesa   Email Lamberguesa         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Josephine, an open book indeed! Truly, that story holds a tragedy. But it is your story and no less important because of it.

Having been married merely a year and a half, I can only guess at the pain you have felt. Yet it is wonderful that the love for life still blossoms within you. Nurture it and pour yourself into the bold and daring task of letting that creative ink flow (even the digital kind). And may I venture that even the most tragic stories can have the brightest outcomes, often because of the dark spell they endure?

I respect your honesty and the sad, yet wonderful journey you find yourself traveling. March on good soldier, the dawn is just ahead. See, even now it sends forth beams, warm and welcoming!

A.L.

Posts: 80 | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bent Tree
Member # 7777

- posted      Profile for Bent Tree   Email Bent Tree         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Permission granted. Just watch out for the monkeys... they throw stuff!
Posts: 1888 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

quote:
Originally posted by Bent Tree:
Permission granted. Just watch out for the monkeys... they throw stuff!

[Roll Eyes]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.