Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Quick Intro and a Plea for Advice

Author Topic: Quick Intro and a Plea for Advice
Becca Lee Gardner
Member # 10423

- posted      Profile for Becca Lee Gardner           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello!

I'm a wife and mother of 2 (soon to be 3). I graduated in English and I love writing anyways. I starting a new project which involves a high volume of short stories in a wide variety of genres (SFF, mystery, historical fiction, steampunk, thriller, etc.). I'm looking to expand my network and swap short story critiques with others who write and read in those genres. Any advice on where to begin on this site?

Thank you for reading!

Posts: 8 | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
extrinsic
Member # 8019

- posted      Profile for extrinsic   Email extrinsic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This forum is where to start posting, as you have done. Be sure to read the Please Read Here First parts too.

Otherwise, as you have also done, post fragments for comments. Participation in Fragments leads to story swaps, once Hatrackers get acquainted with your narrative and critical aesthetic. Though I'm generally not swapping, others will through e-mail.

I too am a writing and reading omnivore. One consideration for me is focusing an overly broad horizon -- too much possibility stalls my writing growth and customs.

Welcome to the river of the hat tree.

Posts: 4370 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the treehouse.
Posts: 4210 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumpy old guy
Member # 9922

- posted      Profile for Grumpy old guy   Email Grumpy old guy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome. jump write in, the water's fine.

Phil.

Posts: 1284 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiergan
Member # 7852

- posted      Profile for Tiergan   Email Tiergan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome.
Posts: 1161 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Becca Lee Gardner
Member # 10423

- posted      Profile for Becca Lee Gardner           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all!
Posts: 8 | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.