Hatrack River
Home   |   About Orson Scott Card   |   News & Reviews   |   OSC Library   |   Forums   |   Contact   |   Links
Research Area   |   Writing Lessons   |   Writers Workshops   |   OSC at SVU   |   Calendar   |   Store
E-mail this page
Hatrack River Writers Workshop Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Next, Please Introduce Yourself » Hello!

Author Topic: Hello!
Kimbo325
Member # 10668

- posted      Profile for Kimbo325   Email Kimbo325         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all, new member here. A little about myself: I taught English, mainly Composition and British Literature, for about 15 years. And like all English teachers, I've always wanted to work on the other side of the page, so to speak. I've been lucky enough to have a variety of essays and short stories published and now am trying my hand at a novel. I'm looking forward to working with other writers and being part of the community!
Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumpy old guy
Member # 9922

- posted      Profile for Grumpy old guy   Email Grumpy old guy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome. Sit back and fasten your seatbelt, the bumpy ride will be fascinating, but your ego may suffer multiple contusions and some bruising. Again, welcome.

Phil.

Posts: 1520 | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kimbo325
Member # 10668

- posted      Profile for Kimbo325   Email Kimbo325         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you!
Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Disgruntled Peony
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for Disgruntled Peony   Email Disgruntled Peony         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello and welcome! [Smile]
Posts: 617 | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the treehouse.
Posts: 4333 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
extrinsic
Member # 8019

- posted      Profile for extrinsic   Email extrinsic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, welcome to the Hatrack writing community. Taught English composition and British literature fifteen years? Oh my. Seems like that might have been college basic studies instruction.

My experiences with those are from several sides "of the page": student, pedagogy student, tutor, instructor, composition and literature theory study and research, confrontational political culture, and the different schools of thought thereof -- all for creative writing designs.

Curious if you followed a particular school of composition theory thought? Traditional, Process, Post-process? Or other? My experiences therein were contentious due to intensive experiences with each over the years and instructor and department passions for one or another. The Process method instruction itself is a foundational contribution to the current creative writing workshop model, beauties, warts, and all, and a large portion of which is Hatrack's model.

I look forward to fragments posted for comment.

[ April 13, 2017, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: extrinsic ]

Posts: 4916 | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.