Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Please Read Here First » Viewing older posts on the forum

Author Topic: Viewing older posts on the forum
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
There are several ways to view older posts than the ones you see on the Hatrack River Writers Workshop forum.

First, you can go to a topic list (click on an area heading such as "Open Discussions about Writing" to get the topic list for that area). Then if you look under the main heading you should see a "new topic" button and under that are some links to "my profile" and "search" and "faq" and "forum home." You can use "search" to look for all kinds of things on the forum, including older posts, by subject, by poster, by topic, and so on.

Second, if you want to the website software to show you more (or fewer) topics than you usually see in a particular area, use the "show topics" pulldown menu below the "search" (and etc) links to select the time range of topics you'd like to see.

If you want to set the website software to always show you that many topics, use your "my profile" link to go to a page that includes a link to "edit preferences" and you can set the time frame for the topics you will see everytime.

Third, if you just want to go to the next oldest page of the topic list, there are page-numbered links on the right side of each topic list page above and below the topic list, and you can go back as far as you like.

I hope this helps you find more of what is available on the Hatrack River Writers Workshop forum. You'll be surprised at what is there.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
posting so this topic will be visible
Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.