Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Writing Challenges » Resignation

Author Topic: Resignation
skadder
Member # 6757

- posted      Profile for skadder   Email skadder         Edit/Delete Post 
As I hinted at when I took the job, I am resigning as president of the 13 lines competition.

Snapper has said he will take over. If anyone else wants the job, I guess they should say so.

It's been fun, but I don't want to do it anymore. I probably will still organize the odd adhoc competition.

Where is my gold watch? A Rolex would be nice.

Posts: 2995 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Will a virtual Rolex do, skadder? Or maybe one of those that I keep getting emails about?

Thanks for all your efforts in helping with the writing challenges. You have really helped people learn and grow in their writing skills and you are greatly appreciated.

I hope you have gained as much as you have given in this, skadder, and I hope someone else steps forward to create some writing challenges that you will want to participate in.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to make it clear that I am being drafted, not elected.

But in the spirit of the moment I want to do what anyone incoming office holder would do when they take over a new position, blame all my problems on the previous adminstration. Forget about the rolex and start worring about inditements, pal. I'm sure I can make some kind of trumped up charge stick.

First thing I'm going to do is retire that antiquated term 'president'. I now want to be refered as the
Master Overseer Ruler Of Nationhood

A little clunky but I think it fits. This competition will continue as long as I keep getting synopsis to present. I have two in line at this moment.

1)Grant John
2)LAJD

LAJD has sent me a synopsis but I'm waiting to hear from Grant. So get in touch if you could, GJ. If anyone else if interested in writing a synopsis place your name on the list.
There you are, thank you very much.

Now all bow down before your master.

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiergan
Member # 7852

- posted      Profile for Tiergan   Email Tiergan         Edit/Delete Post 
Attention President, I mean MORON? Did I get that right? I personally would have stuck with Presdent. But hey, anyone who wants to dedicate their time for this, I will glady call them what they want, within reason.

Anyways, I will add my name to the list of synopsise, and if you need a VP to step in, let me know, but I want to be able to create my own title though, I would hate to hear what acronym you have waiting for me.

1)Grant John
2)LAJD
3)Tiergan

[This message has been edited by Tiergan (edited August 11, 2008).]

Posts: 1168 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero
Member # 3619

- posted      Profile for Zero           Edit/Delete Post 
It ought to be M.O.R.O.N. right? That lends it slightly more dignity, I think.
Posts: 2195 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skadder
Member # 6757

- posted      Profile for skadder   Email skadder         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, a virtual Rolex is better than no Rolex. Besides I can wear it on my virtual wrist and impress my virtual friends!

Thanks for the nice comments.

Posts: 2995 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LAJD
Member # 8070

- posted      Profile for LAJD   Email LAJD         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Skadder and Snapper.
The 13 line challenge has been very useful for me as a new board member. It's a simple way to get involved without too much commitment and associated terror. 8)

For me, it's been like dipping my toes in the pool to test the water.

Thanks to you both!
Leslie (LAJD)

P.S. The water is great!

Posts: 391 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.