Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Writing Challenges » New challenge - Alliteration!

Author Topic: New challenge - Alliteration!
axeminister
Member # 8991

- posted      Profile for axeminister   Email axeminister         Edit/Delete Post 
This challenge is to write a 13 line opening using alliteration. How much is up to you as the voting will be based on story and usage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliteration

The voting will consist of two parts:

The first is as usual. May the best 13 (most interesting, best hook, most well written, best floater of critiquer's boat) win. This also includes the ability to follow directions (include the aspect of the trigger).

The second is based solely on your alliteration. If you choose to go nuts with it, you may lose points above, but win here. (You can enter multiple times, so write one serious and go nuts on the other. The point of the contests is to get creative and writing!)

Plus one vote for best title.

Votes will count 5 for first place, 3 for second place and 2 for third.

Rules:

1) 13 lines only. Make it a beginning of a story (this is a hook challenge)

2) Send to me if you want anonymity. I will post your story as you send it--you must put in any formatting you want (italics, etc.). I will not change anything afterwords so make sure it is correct before you send it. Format as on the entries thread:

http://www.hatrack.com/forums/writers/forum/Forum7/HTML/000177.html

3) Contest starts now, Thursday 5th August.
You have until NOON of Thursday 12th August EST to post or send to me.

4) Judging will be open from Noon of the 12th to the following Thursday 19th noon EST. (-5 GMT) Non-voters will be disqualified and any votes they get will knock down.

5) If you send me your entry and don't see it posted, query me, but give me 12 hours or so to do it.

Comments on this thread...entries on the other (or to me).

Axe

[This message has been edited by axeminister (edited August 05, 2010).]

Posts: 1543 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
axeminister
Member # 8991

- posted      Profile for axeminister   Email axeminister         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, the contest is at an end!

Let the voting commence.

Remember to vote before reading other's votes. This will help not to influence your vote.

Axe

[This message has been edited by axeminister (edited August 12, 2010).]

Posts: 1543 | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walexander
Member # 9151

- posted      Profile for walexander   Email walexander         Edit/Delete Post 

[This message has been edited by walexander (edited August 17, 2010).]

Posts: 634 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.