Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Writing Challenges » Hardcore Challenge

Author Topic: Hardcore Challenge
pdblake
Member # 9218

- posted      Profile for pdblake   Email pdblake         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, follow my blog and you'll see where this is going (see the about the author bit).

My idea for a writing challenge is this (OK I have an unfair advantage so will sit in judgementetetete on this one).

You must write 1000(ish)words whilst drunk and incompetant (or, if your religion is drink intolerant then please feel free to take any equivalent mind altering substances, or type blind folded.),

No allowance will be made for only having three fingers, but special circumstances will be considered for entrants with two left feet, four thumbs or three ears (a valid medical certificate will need be shown at the door, credible, photographic evidence may be (laughed at, pointed at, copied for further (ahem) enlightenment) demanded, depending on how drunk the judge is.

Writing talent will not count. We don't care how well you write. We only want your dreams/dirty fantasies/mucky wotsits and yucky doodahs(do you know how much they pay for mucky wotsits?)

This will probably be judged by your peers (so no swearing), so be nice. Likely no one will enter.

So I win either way,ay,ay,ay.

[This message has been edited by pdblake (edited September 04, 2011).]

Posts: 778 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mythique890
Member # 8586

- posted      Profile for mythique890   Email mythique890         Edit/Delete Post 
So if one's religion prevents one from drinking AND taking mind-altering substances, would a late-night, sleep-deprived submission count?
Posts: 128 | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdblake
Member # 9218

Yes, so long as you type blind folded

[This message has been edited by pdblake (edited September 04, 2011).]

Posts: 778 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
You know the title of this thread could be taken another way. (You had better know it.)
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdblake
Member # 9218

Robert, it's just a bit of fun. Feel free to write about what you like
WolfCreature
Member # 9486

- posted      Profile for WolfCreature   Email WolfCreature         Edit/Delete Post 
I've already got material that fits this contest. Are you OK with stuff written a while ago? I could always write some new material...

- WolfCreature

........../\,,,,,,,/\
..........’’\,,,,,,/’’
.........“””9,,,9“”"
.........“””\,, ,/”””
...........””(..)””
...........V’’’’’’V
............^,,,,^

Posts: 42 | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdblake
Member # 9218

So long as you were thoroughly blathered when you wrote it
WolfCreature
Member # 9486

- posted      Profile for WolfCreature   Email WolfCreature         Edit/Delete Post 
Thoroughly blathered, huh? I was planning on sending something written when I was partially blathered. But since you requested thoroughly I had to go back a few years... But I have a couple of pieces. So how does this contest work? Do I post the first 13, or submit the whole mess?

Posts: 42 | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdblake
Member # 9218

Wolf, no one else has entered (I really didn't expect anyone to either), so you'll win by default anyway.

It was just a bit of fun on my part. This is not a real challenge

Feel free to post your drunken 13 if you want though, and that goes for anyone else too. It's all grist for the mill

WolfCreature
Member # 9486

So here is the 'Drunken 13" as you so put it. No title. Never completed the story but it does weigh in at over 1,000 words.

Bilebite Spoofus walked down the impossibly cobblestoned street. The street was built by a drunken architect under the influence of Escher. It was nearly impossible to get anywhere walking down it. In fact, the more you walked the more you ended up in the same place. To get to a more sturdy built street (say the yellow briquette road) you had to walk on the walls of the surrounding buildings and jump sideways into dead alleys, which was OK because dead alleys didn't scream like the live alleys did when you careened into them. One day Spoofus took a crowbar and scklourched a brick out of the road. He took it home and sat it on his dresser. It immediatly fell up and hit the ceiling. He tried to knock it down with a crowbar but only ended up knocking it around the ceiling and scratching

[This message has been edited by Kathleen Dalton Woodbury (edited September 15, 2011).]

LeetahWest
Member # 9402

- posted      Profile for LeetahWest   Email LeetahWest         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, now I'm bummed. Is this contest still open? Sounds fun to try
Posts: 108 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.