Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » birth of my child

Author Topic: birth of my child
wetwilly
Member # 1818

- posted      Profile for wetwilly   Email wetwilly         Edit/Delete Post 
A quick note before I collapse into bed: my daughter Gwendolyn entered the world today at 10:22 am. She is my first child and she is the most beautiful child I have ever seen (an unbiased opinion, of course).

She came out 7 pounds even, 20 inches long, and in good health.

[This message has been edited by wetwilly (edited August 22, 2008).]

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LAJD
Member # 8070

- posted      Profile for LAJD   Email LAJD         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! Welcome to the most wonderful, terrible, exciting and exhausting 18+ years of your life!

Watch Parenthood with Steve Martin and Dianne Wiest. Too funny, too true.

Leslie

Posts: 391 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
Great news, wetwilly. Your life will never be the same again.

Enjoy, enjoy.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
InarticulateBabbler
Member # 4849

- posted      Profile for InarticulateBabbler   Email InarticulateBabbler         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!!! Ignore everyone else's warnings...challenges are fun!
Posts: 3687 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiergan
Member # 7852

- posted      Profile for Tiergan   Email Tiergan         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!
Posts: 1168 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wetwilly
Member # 1818

"Ignore everyone else's warnings..."

I always do, IB.

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WouldBe
Member # 5682

- posted      Profile for WouldBe   Email WouldBe         Edit/Delete Post 
Super! (And a great name you gave her.)
Posts: 746 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations...you didn't include weight and length...
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josephine Kait
Member # 8157

- posted      Profile for Josephine Kait   Email Josephine Kait         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!!! (ditto on loving the name)
Posts: 456 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wetwilly
Member # 1818

I added her weight and length to the original post, Robert.

[This message has been edited by wetwilly (edited August 22, 2008).]

KayTi
Member # 5137

- posted      Profile for KayTi           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! Life will never be the same again, and you'll be so glad. I wouldn't want that old life, you couldn't pay me enough money to even consider it. And this is said after my 4 year old had the poops the other day and went to the bathroom a good 25 times. Wouldn't change a thing. Congratulations and enjoy!

Posts: 1911 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspirit
Member # 7974

- posted      Profile for aspirit   Email aspirit         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!

Gwendolyn is a lovely name, and it shortens well. I'm guessing you could create stories about the Princess Gwendolyn (or Warrior Gwen, depending on your family's preferences) to tell your daughter at bedtime when she's older.

Posts: 1139 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!

Never bounce your daughter on your lap after a feeding and then hold above your head - word of advice.

Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Healthy, weighty, noisy, everything one could ask for in a baby. You da man.
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.