Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » Call me paranoid

Author Topic: Call me paranoid
Patrick James
Member # 7847

- posted      Profile for Patrick James   Email Patrick James         Edit/Delete Post 
No. Not literally. My name is Patrick, not Paranoid.

I am starting to think that colds can be transmitted via web--or e-mail at least.

No one accept any e-mail from arriki. I have been bowl hugging sick ever since arriki e-mailed me that he has the flu.

OK. I know what you are all thinking--this time I am being literal, I am a mind reader--and yes I am crazy. But that is beside the point and has little to do with the facts.

The facts? Well, I haven't any at this time but you can bet I will. Right now I only have accusations.

You sneezed on your keyboard when typing that letter, didn't you, arriki!

Posts: 604 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KayTi
Member # 5137

- posted      Profile for KayTi           Edit/Delete Post 
er, if you want to get your facts straight you might learn that arikki is a she...

And certainly viruses are transmittable via computer. I'm sure of it. When you share a keyboard, wash your hands afterwards.

Posts: 1911 | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, you're paranoid.
Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debhoag
Member # 5493

- posted      Profile for debhoag   Email debhoag         Edit/Delete Post 
Nah. I'm thinking you're right (accept about the Arriki/gender thing). There's a thin psychic thread that connects when we communicate via the web, and it can send us vibes (that's why you're head feels fat and squishy when you get a lot of spam)and sick vibes are the worst. The thing is, you're vibe sick, not germ sick. But a virus is a virus, hey?
Posts: 1304 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snapper
Member # 7299

- posted      Profile for snapper   Email snapper         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! It worked!

I got a string of rejections so I sent my headcold attached to a post in the IB for President thread as a way at getting back at the world. Got a few more rejections since then. I wonder what will happen when I paste this bubonic plague to this one?

Posts: 3072 | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LAJD
Member # 8070

- posted      Profile for LAJD   Email LAJD         Edit/Delete Post 
So do you think that Stephen King was infecting the world when he wrote The Stand? Thanks the gods that he did not post it!

LOL

Posts: 391 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patrick James
Member # 7847

- posted      Profile for Patrick James   Email Patrick James         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I meant 'he' in a gender nuetral way. I really don't know what an arriki is, animal, mineral, man, woman, alien(probably this last, since that seems to be the predominant species in this space station.). On a side note I have noticed a trend where poeple writing columns use 'her' and 'she' in a general sort of way, in place of 'him' and 'he'. This is, of course, inappropriate. (Buckling up for hatemail.)

I apologize, profusely, if I have given any offence--to arriki, not to you aliens! :raspbery:

I have a hard time keeping track of any Hatrackers names and their real identities(probably, because I haven't met any of them in person. But mostly because I'm an imbecile.). I need a face to pin names to.

This is probably a good thing for two reasons. If I get a scalding critique I not only do not take it personal, I don't even remember who it was from. And, secondly, if the guys in white coats ever catch up with me I won't be able to name names. You know who you are!

Gotta run. They are getting nearer!

Posts: 604 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.