Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » Movie Quotes (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Movie Quotes
billawaboy
Member # 8182

- posted      Profile for billawaboy   Email billawaboy         Edit/Delete Post 
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." - Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Posts: 342 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
billawaboy
Member # 8182

- posted      Profile for billawaboy   Email billawaboy         Edit/Delete Post 
"I... drink... your... milkshake! [slurp!] I drink it up!"
- Daniel Plainview, There Will Be Blood

Posts: 342 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
No, that one goes over there---this one goes over here!

---somewhere in the original Star Wars trilogy, probably The Empire Strikes Back---or so I've been told.

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspirit
Member # 7974

- posted      Profile for aspirit   Email aspirit         Edit/Delete Post 
That was Han Solo yelling at his first mate and best friend, Chewbacca, as they made repairs on the Millenium Falcom in Empire Strikes Back.
Posts: 1139 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
billawaboy
Member # 8182

"Hi." - Joker, The Dark knight
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
You got yourselves the wrong guy. Because I'm tellin ya the Krauts wouldn't plant two stoolies in one barracks. And whatever you do to me, you'll have to do all over again when you find the right guy!

---Stalag 17

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rich
Member # 8140

- posted      Profile for rich   Email rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Not really a movie, but just 'cause he was mentioned in another thread.

"My cat's breath smells like cat food."
-Ralph Wiggums

Posts: 840 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Vin: It's like a fellow I once knew in El Paso. One day, he just took all his clothes off and jumped in a mess of cactus. I asked him that same question, "Why?"

Calvera: And?

Vin: He said, "It seemed to be a good idea at the time."

---The Magnificent Seven

Are we doing TV show quotes, too? 'Cause I've got lots and lots I could share of those, maybe more than movies...

Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Pyre Dynasty   Email Pyre Dynasty         Edit/Delete Post 
You know I'm still waiting for the Sci-fi version of the Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven/A Bug's Life. I think Schlock Mercenary has come the closest. Perhaps I'll have to write it myself.

"If I'm going to sing something it might as well be a song," ---Ringo Starr as the Mock Turtle in the 1985 version of Alice In Wonderland.

Posts: 1895 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kathleen Dalton Woodbury
Administrator
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for Kathleen Dalton Woodbury   Email Kathleen Dalton Woodbury         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm still waiting for the Sci-fi version of the Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven/A Bug's Life.

They did it in 1980. It's called BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS, and it's pretty sad.

Posts: 8826 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Father Paul: Father, shouldn't we put a stop to it now?

Father Peter Lonergan: Ah, we should, lad, yes, we should, it's our duty!

---The Quiet Man---it is St. Patrick's Day, right?

billawaboy
Member # 8182

quote:

Dignam: "Unbelievable. Who put the [bleep]in' cameras in this place!?"
Police Camera Tech: "Oh? And who the [bleep] are you!?"
Dignam: "I'm the guy who does his job. You must be the other guy."

- The Departed

[This message has been edited by billawaboy (edited March 17, 2010).]

Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Turkey Jackson: I hope she didn't hear that. The dead have a way of coming back you know.

Jeff Peters: Get out, when they're dead they're dead.

Turkey Jackson: Not Aunt Lucy, she was a Republican.

---The Road to Morocco

Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Pyre Dynasty   Email Pyre Dynasty         Edit/Delete Post 
"I'm not a loser. I'm a TEST PILOT." Witz, Slappy and the Stinkers.
Posts: 1895 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

O Almighty God, hear us, we beseech Thee, and bring succor and guidance to those we are about to bring to Your divine notice. First we are thinking of Mary Walaber. She is only 16 years old, but she is keeping company with a soldier from Fort Dayton. He's a Massachusetts man, and Thou knowest no good can come of that.

---Drums Along the Mohawk

billawaboy
Member # 8182

"Ray...when someone asks you if you're a god - you say 'YES'!" - Ghostbuster
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.

---Sands of Iwo Jima

rich
Member # 8140

You know the results of the latest Gallup Poll? Half the country never even heard of the word Watergate. Nobody gives a s***. You guys are probably pretty tired, right? Well, you should be. Go on home, get a nice hot bath. Rest up... 15 minutes. Then get your asses back in gear. We're under a lot of pressure, you know, and you put us there. Nothing's riding on this except the, uh, first amendment to the Constitution, freedom of the press, and maybe the future of the country. Not that any of that matters, but if you guys f*** up again, I'm going to get mad. Goodnight.

--Ben Bradlee, All the President's Men

I think these are the last spoken words in the movie.

Posts: 840 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Policeman: So where are you folks from?

Mei Li: The East.

Policeman: Oh, New York, huh?

Dr. Li: Further east.

---The Flower Drum Song

Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Lieutenant Thaddeus Harris: Mahoney! Remember, that nobody screws with me.

Carey Mahoney: Well, maybe you'll meet the right girl and all that will change.

---Police Academy

Dark Warrior
Member # 8822

- posted      Profile for Dark Warrior   Email Dark Warrior         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.

Optimus Prime ~ T2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkaV997x62s

Posts: 710 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
billawaboy
Member # 8182

Delmar O'Donnell: Care for some gopher?
Ulysses Everett McGill: No thank you, Delmar. One third of a gopher would only arouse my appetite without bedding it down.

- O Brother Where Art Thou?

rich
Member # 8140

"Oh, this your wife, huh? A lovely lady. Hey baby, you must've been something before electricity."

- Al Czervik, Caddyshack

Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

---A Fistful of Dollars

Dark Warrior
Member # 8822

- posted      Profile for Dark Warrior   Email Dark Warrior         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Oh, and someone'll need to feed Fang while I'm away.

Hagrid, HP2

Posts: 710 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Mater: I tell you what, buddy, it just don't get better than this.

Lightning McQueen: Yep, you're living the dream, Mater boy.

---Cars

Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

Vincent Price chained to a wall: You . . . you killed her.
Peter Lorre bricking him in: Oh you notice everything don't you?

Tales of Terror.

Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Elwood P. Dowd: Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.

---Harvey

Dark Warrior
Member # 8822

quote:
It is no laughing matter. We Draculs have a right to be proud. What devil or witch was ever so great as Atilla, whose blood flows in these veins?

Dracula

Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

Ahh, but the strawberries that's...that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with...geometric logic...that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist, and I'd have produced that key if they hadn't of pulled the Caine out of action. I, I, I know now they were only trying to protect some fellow officers...

---The Caine Mutiny

Dark Warrior
Member # 8822

quote:
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

Captain Jack Sparrow

Utahute72
Member # 9057

- posted      Profile for Utahute72   Email Utahute72         Edit/Delete Post 
OK Smarty pantses, tell me the films that end with these quotes.

"Twas Beauty Killed the Beast"

"Tomorrow will be a better Day"

"Rosebud"

"This could be the start of a beautiful friendship."

"That's the Stuff that Dreams are made of."

"I'm ready for my close up, Mr. Demille"

"and I'm a Teapot"

Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
OK Smarty pantses, tell me the films that end with these quotes.
"Twas Beauty Killed the Beast"

"Tomorrow will be a better Day"

"Rosebud"

"This could be the start of a beautiful friendship."

"That's the Stuff that Dreams are made of."

"I'm ready for my close up, Mr. Demille"

"and I'm a Teapot"

King Kong
Gone With the Wind
Citizen Kane
Casablanca
The Maltese Falcon
Sunset Boulevard

But you've got me on the last one.

[This message has been edited by Meredith (edited May 23, 2010).]

Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Utahute72
Member # 9057

- posted      Profile for Utahute72   Email Utahute72         Edit/Delete Post 
The last one is a bit obscure, but it's from Arsenic and Old Lace.

When the Mortimer Character says "I'm not a Brewster, I'm the son of a Sea Cook." The waiting Cabbie replies "And I'm a teapot"

Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

So this thread is back on, huh?

"One can become too familiar with vegetables, you know!"

---Ratatouille

Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

"The"

---I dare you to find me a movie that this doesn't come from.

rich
Member # 8140

Eddie Mars: Convenient, the door being open when you didn't have a key, eh?
Philip Marlowe: Yeah, wasn't it. By the way, how'd you happen to have one?
Eddie Mars: Is that any of your business?
Philip Marlowe: I could make it my business.
Eddie Mars: I could make your business mine.
Philip Marlowe: Oh, you wouldn't like it. The pay's too small.

--The Big Sleep

Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

"The Miles Gloriosus?" "The the himself."

---A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum

[This message has been edited by Robert Nowall (edited May 24, 2010).]

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.