Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » January Baby

Author Topic: January Baby
Crystal Stevens
Member # 8006

- posted      Profile for Crystal Stevens   Email Crystal Stevens         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, that's me. And my mom keeps reminding me every year on this date how Dad almost didn't get her to the hospital because of the snowstorm 58 years ago. Naturally, she also tells me how much joy I've brought into her life. Typical Mom, ya know.

Dang, 58 is getting to darn close to that big six oh! I mean, sheesh, I'm looking forward to retirement about 7 more years down the road, but I hate the thought of reaching that age to get there. And ya know what? I don't feel any older than, say, 40? Though I was feeling the snow move in at work last night. Aching bones and joints... just enough to be a pest, and one wing-ding of a sinus headache. Why couldn't I have been born on a warmer day?

Posts: 1320 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Meredith
Member # 8368

- posted      Profile for Meredith   Email Meredith         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday from one January baby to another. I was a couple of days ahead of you (and three years later).
Posts: 4633 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Nowall
Member # 2764

- posted      Profile for Robert Nowall   Email Robert Nowall         Edit/Delete Post 
Google had about 21,000 references to the phrase "January Baby." I looked it up thinking it might've been a song title.

In any case, happy birthday!

Posts: 8809 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyre Dynasty
Member # 1947

- posted      Profile for Pyre Dynasty   Email Pyre Dynasty         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday, this week contains my Dad's, sister's and niece's birthdays. Three generations of January babies. (I've got cake coming out of my eyes by the way.) They always sneak up on me too because when I lift up the December calender to see what's coming up next month all I see is the refrigerator. (Doesn't stop me from doing it twenty times, it just doesn't help.)
Posts: 1895 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ScardeyDog
Member # 8707

- posted      Profile for ScardeyDog   Email ScardeyDog         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday to both you and Meredith from yet another January baby
Posts: 238 | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rommel Fenrir Wolf II
Member # 4199

- posted      Profile for Rommel Fenrir Wolf II   Email Rommel Fenrir Wolf II         Edit/Delete Post 
my Real birthady is at the end of January some time. i dont selibrate it so i dont remember when it is. what usialy happins is my friends and family wish me happy birthday, then i tell them they are nuts for i dont realy care that it is my birthday, to me i am just shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

RFW2nd

Posts: 856 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspirit
Member # 7974

- posted      Profile for aspirit   Email aspirit         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Naturally, she also tells me how much joy I've brought into her life. Typical Mom, ya know.

Appreciate her fondness. I don't know if it's typical or natural for a mom to say such a thing, but it's certainly nice of her.

Happy Birthday, Crystal, and thank you for the creativity and cheer you bring to Hatrack.

Posts: 1139 | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post 
January Rules!

Mutual Happy Birthday, everyone.

Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.