Hatrack River Writers Workshop   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Writers Workshop » Forums » Grist for the Mill » Can a WotF forum member help me?

Author Topic: Can a WotF forum member help me?
Grayson Morris
Member # 9285

- posted      Profile for Grayson Morris           Edit/Delete Post 
I registered for the WotF forums two days ago, and am still waiting for an administrator to activate my account. The administrator has been to the boards a few times since I registered, so I'm wondering if my registration has somehow fallen through the cracks...but I can't ask there. Would someone be willing to post/PM there and ask whether my registration made it through? Thanks!
Posts: 381 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post 
It took my registration about a month to be approved. I think Brad only does that once a month. He's a Hatrack member, so you can look up his email and ask him. BTW, that's not necessarily a suggestion; I'm not sure if it crosses any boundaries, so you didn't hear that possibility from me. Personnally, I doubt he'd mind though.
Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
I had to E-mail them to get my registration. I got it but it never worked.

Originally I received an E-mail with my user name and password reminder but it never worked. Tried another browser nothing. They had a tech person look it over and he said I wasn't in the system. I tried registering again but that user name and password didn't work either.

After Nov. I might try again. Thought about trying the Newsgroup.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grayson Morris
Member # 9285

Thanks for the info, guys. (Gals?) Wow, approving new registrations once a month? Not very Information Age...but I won't complain, as it's all volunteer effort, and appreciated.

LDW2, I did respond to the automated "welcome" e-mail, but I haven't heard back. We shall see how long it takes...I don't have anything pressing to post (and thank goodness, no? ;-) ).

Posts: 381 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philocinemas
Member # 8108

- posted      Profile for philocinemas   Email philocinemas         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure if you have access, but you can go to the "Members" section of the forum and see when people joined, it looks like they have been doing mass registrations for some time.
Posts: 2003 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grayson Morris
Member # 9285

All settled now! I've been activated. Thanks for the ears and the info.
LDWriter2
Member # 9148

- posted      Profile for LDWriter2   Email LDWriter2         Edit/Delete Post 
Good.

I hope my next attempt works.

The web site they are using for that forum doesn't like me. A Jim Butcher web site uses the same forum and I can't get on there either.

Posts: 5289 | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.